Need practice material?
Find thousands of packets FREE for practice/study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
1) The most important point to keep in mind is that this board corresponds to a real-life activity, and that it is highly possible, perhaps even likely, that you will meet your fellow posters at some point. Keep this in mind when you post; do not post something here that you would not say to the same person face-to-face.
2) Before you post, you must activate a signature, which includes your name (first name only is acceptable) and your school affiliation. Again, this is because what we discuss here directly relates to an activity in real life, and it's nice to know who's who. If you need any assistance with this, please ask. If you have a legitimate reason you believe should excuse you from this policy, please contact an administrator.
3) In the same vein, make sure your posts follow basic rules of civility and logical discourse. While it's fine to disagree, you must be respectful when you do so, and you must argue your points logically.
4) Questions from tournaments are often reused at other sites; with that in mind, do not discuss questions publicly unless you've been given explicit permission to do so.
5) No profanity is allowed on this board.
6) The edit function is for correcting minor mistakes in your posts, not removing content. Do not edit out your own posts. If this becomes a problem, the edit function may be disabled.
7) Please use something approximating proper English, as it makes your posts much easier to read.
8) If you believe that a post violates board rules, please inform one of the administrators or moderators. Do not needlessly incite board drama by attempting to tell people what they can and cannot post; in short, leave the moderating to the moderators.
9) As a spam prevention measure, posts by new users will not be publicly displayed until approved by a moderator. This restriction will only apply until your first couple of posts have been approved. Please note that you will not be able to see your post if it is pending moderator approval, so do not repost something that has not yet been approved; it has been saved and will appear once a moderator approves it. Additionally, users without any approved posts will not be allowed to use most board functions, including editing their signature or adding an avatar, to prevent spammers from posting spam through their short-lived profiles.
We hope that these rules will make the board a better place, and we thank you for your cooperation.
Reason: Added more restrictions to accounts with no posts
- Jeffrey Hill
- Posts: 6447
- Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:00 pm
- Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)