Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Helias Catholic Tournament - February 28, 2015

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Helias Catholic Tournament - February 28, 2015

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Helias Catholic hosted a 24 team tournament on February 28 using the GSAC set. Like the Fort Osage and Washington tournaments on that date, the incoming snow forced several teams to return home early. I finally received the stats today and have posted them to the database.

From what I can tell, the snow-shortened schedule was:
- Rounds 1-5: 4 pools of 6. (Pool names in the report may not match the schedule distributed at the tournament, but the teams should at least be grouped correctly)
- Championship rounds: the top 2 teams in each pool that returned for championship rounds advanced to two parallel championship pools of 4. The top team in each played a one-game final in round 9, while the 2nd place teams in each played a third place game.
- Consolation rounds: 6 teams returned for consolation, and it looks like they just played the first 3 games of a (normally 5 game) round robin in rounds 6-8.

If I reconstructed the schedule correctly, it was Hallsville A over Hickman A in the championship game and Hannibal over Hickman B in the third place game.

Prelims
Playoffs
Round 9 Placement Games
All Games