Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Tuscumbia Winter Tournament - JV and MS - 1/16/16

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jason Loy

Tuscumbia Winter Tournament - JV and MS - 1/16/16

Post by Jason Loy »

Hello coaches,

I am pleased to announce that Tuscumbia High School will hosting an academic tournament on Saturday, January 16, 2016 with both JV and middle school divisions. Tentatively, the JV division will be capped at eighteen teams, and the middle school division will be capped at twelve. All students in grades 7 and 8 are eligible to compete in the middle school division; all students in grades 9 and 10 are eligible for the JV division, regardless of previous experience. The limit on team size in both divisions is eight, although teams of six or fewer students are encouraged. Other than the field limit, there is a not a limit on the number of teams that an individual school can bring.

The JV division will be using the SCOP Novice 6 question set. The middle school division will use the SCOP Middle School question set, which is based on the accompanying JV set but will be adapted to be made more accessible to middle school teams.

All teams in both divisions will play at least seven games regardless of performance; the exact format of the tournament will be decided once the field is set. Teams are expected to stay for the duration of the tournament so we can offer all teams their guaranteed number of games.

Because of the lack of fast food options in and around Tuscumbia, we will be operating a concession stand at lunch and circulating snack carts throughout the day.

Please don't hesitate to email me at jloy@tuscumbialions.k12.mo.us with any questions you may have, and I look forward to receiving your registrations. I hope to see you in January!

Thank you,

Jason Loy
Tuscumbia High School

Jason Loy

Re: Tuscumbia Winter Tournament - JV and MS - 1/16/16

Post by Jason Loy »

Field:

JV: (18/18)

Chamois
Camdenton
Smith-Cotton
Hallsville
Clever
Fatima
Orchard Farm
Washington (2)
Calvary Lutheran
New Haven
Saxony Lutheran
Helias (2)
Rolla
Moberly
Jefferson City
Lakeland

MS: (24/24)

Tuscumbia (1)
Chamois
Camdenton (2)
Buffalo (2)
Washington (4)
Fatima
Holden (2)
Osage
CIS (2)
West (4)
Lange
Pilot Grove (3)

Waitlist (2):

Eldon
West D

OakvilleHSCoach

Post by OakvilleHSCoach »

This tournament will be using the same question set as Oakville Fall SCOP Novice, to be held on October 31 in St. Louis, MO. Tournament details can be found here: http://moquizbowl.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3008

I don't see any overlap in the fields for these tournaments, but you may want to include that in your tournament announcement. (I will do the same.)

Jason Loy

Post by Jason Loy »

We have expanded to 24 teams in the middle school division for a total of 42 overall. We will not be expanding again.