Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Fort Osage Three Trails Tournament (T3) III

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Lakeland Scholar Bowl

Fort Osage Three Trails Tournament (T3) III

Post by Lakeland Scholar Bowl »

Fort Osage High School is pleased to announce the 3rd annual Three Trails Tournament will be held on November 21st, 2015. This tournament will use the CALI set (a link to the question information is here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewto ... 09&t=17412), which will also be used on November 14 at Washington University and on Nov. 21st at Centralia. Please ensure that you do not accept a bid to either of those tournaments if you plan to come to Fort Osage.

The CALI set has 15 point "powers" for those who are correct on an early buzz. Consequently, we WILL have "powers" and 5 point "negs" for those who buzz in early and are incorrect.

We will divide the field into preliminary pools that will each play a round robin in the morning, after which teams will be rebracketed into playoff and consolation pools for the afternoon. After the playoffs, the top 2 teams could play a one or two game championship final depending on playoff standings. All teams will be guaranteed approximately 9 matches throughout the day (based on a targeted 18 team field). Round 1 will begin by 9 AM, and we anticipate finishing the afternoon rounds around 4 PM, with the top couple of teams potentially playing one or two more matches after that (as described above). In order to provide the best experience and maximum playing time to all participants, teams are expected to play ALL of their scheduled matches. Please be sure that you fully understand the time frame before registering.

We will be limiting teams to a maximum of 6 players, so if you have more players, we encourage you to sign up more than one team. We are limiting the field to 18 teams at this time, but that number could change based on interest.

Fees:
Base fee (first team from each school): $60
Second or subsequent teams: $55
Travel discount (100 miles or more one way, based on Google Maps): -$10
Buzzer discount (must work for 8 players, limit 2 per school): -$5
Staffer discount (up to the discretion of tournament organizer): TBD
Minimum cost (if multiple above discounts occur): $40

We will be using Google Forms this year to handle registration. The form is here: https://docs.google.com/a/fortosage.net ... g/viewform

If you have any questions, please e-mail jmalecki@fortosage.net

Hope to see you at the Fort in November!!

Lakeland Scholar Bowl

Re: Fort Osage Three Trails Tournament (T3) III

Field (24/24):

Tuscumbia (1)
St. Pius X (2)
NKC (2)
LS North (2)
Liberty North (1)
LS West (2)
ND de Sion (1)
Belton (1)
Pleasant Hill (2)
Lee's Summit HS (2)
Butler (2)
Maryville (2)
Wm. Chrisman (1)
SJ Lafayette (1)
Weaubleau (1)
Raytown (1)

Waitlist:
Oak Park
Heartland
Truman

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

I see Fort Osage's football team has advanced to the semifinals, against Columbia Battle. If I'm looking at the bracket right, this game should be at Battle and thus not significantly impact the tournament?

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

L-Town Expatriate wrote:I see Fort Osage's football team has advanced to the semifinals, against Columbia Battle. If I'm looking at the bracket right, this game should be at Battle and thus not significantly impact the tournament?
I think you are correct. Assuming I didn't miss anything and I'm understanding the semifinal hosting instructions on page 11 of the football manual correctly, both hosted 2 playoff games and did not host their quarterfinal games, so the team at the top of the bracket (Battle) is the host in an odd-numbered year.

Lakeland Scholar Bowl

We have confirmed it, and football team will be traveling to Columbia to play Battle HS. The tournament will have no parking issues!

Lakeland Scholar Bowl

I want to send a late thank you to all who attended and helped with this tournament. Although time-wise it ran longer than expected, it helps establish a goal for next time. Providing good quizbowl tournaments for the KC-area continues to be our goal at Fort Osage, and I feel we are heading in the right direction!!

1st place: NKC A
2nd place: LS West A
3rd place: St. Pius X A

All 3 qualify for the PACE NSC in Chicago; Maryville A and Liberty North also qualified at 4th and 5th place!!

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Stats are here