Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

2018 Eureka Fall Kickoff Tournament

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
mcdonaldmichael

2018 Eureka Fall Kickoff Tournament

Post by mcdonaldmichael »

Hello, everyone!

I’d like to begin with apologizing to anyone who has been waiting for this announcement – my family has had some health problems to end the summer, and the beginning of the school didn’t do us any favors. But we’re on the mend and ready to rock!

I'm pleased to announce that Eureka will be hosting a season-opening tournament on October 13, 2017. We are using NAQT’s IS-177 set.

This tournament will initially be capped at 18 teams, and we will do our best to expand depending on interest and staffer availability. I will email details about the structure of the tournament closer to the day of.

Fee Structure
Base Fee: $65 for 1st team, $60 per subsequent team
Moderator Discount: $25 per qualified moderator
Working Buzzer Discount: $5 per system (limit of 2 systems per school unless we need more; must work for 2 teams of 4 players each)
Distance Discount: $5 per 100 miles driven (one-way, as determined by Google Maps)

Registration
Please use the following link to register! https://goo.gl/forms/LceSR5m48RLTeKo82

I look forward to seeing everybody on October 13th! Feel free to email me if you have any questions!
Michael McDonald
mcdonaldmichael@rsdmo.org

mcdonaldmichael

Re: 2018 Eureka Fall Kickoff Tournament

Currently, the field is at 15 of 18 teams. Here's the field so far:

Oakville - 1
Cuba - 2
Hannibal - 2
Sullivan - 3
Orchard Farm - 2
Hermann - 1
Tuscumbia - 1
Owensville - 1
Parkway West - 1
CBC - 1

mcdonaldmichael

Re: 2018 Eureka Fall Kickoff Tournament

Our tournament was a success! Congrats to Parkway West for winning the advantaged final over CBC!

The rest of the top 6 was Orchard Farm, Oakville, Hannibal, and Sullivan A.

Statistics for the tournament can be found at link.