Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Quizbowl road trip

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
Charlie Dees

Quizbowl road trip

Post by Charlie Dees »

I just came up with this idea because it sounds like it could be fun, so now I'm curious if anyone else wants to sign up. On August 8th, there is going to be the 2nd Annual Virginia Commonwealth University Open in Richmond, VA. In addition to the main event, there will be a classical music singles and an easier but full sunday tournament that will be more geared towards being "Chicago Open for high schoolers" but that will let anyone play. I am curious if anyone would like to coordinate a team of Missourians who aren't busy from Thursday to Monday or so for a roadtrip to this undoubtedly very fun event. I know that other places like Minneapolis residents usually drive a vanload of people, including a bunch of high schoolers, out to this, so I think it would be very cool if we could get something like that going. I personally don't have a car, so someone else who can drive would probably need to get on board, and if we get more than 5 people I can get a friend to rent us a van. It doesn't matter who you are, a high schooler, a college person, a coach, or a currently unaffiliated person, if you think you would like to make this trip happen, please post here or email me.

DeckardCain

Quizbowl road trip

Post by DeckardCain »

This sounds fun.

Jason Loy

Quizbowl road trip

Post by Jason Loy »

Heck yes. I've been considering doing this myself.

DIoanis

Quizbowl road trip

Post by DIoanis »

I would LOVE to go, but I will be in Nevada with family at this time. Sorry :-(

Charlie Dees

Quizbowl road trip

Post by Charlie Dees »

Phil George, Jason Loy, and I went on this and we're in Richmond, having just played the tournament. I had a good time, and there's another tournament tomorrow. We placed 5th, stats are here. All of you who didn't go are missing out.