Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Matt's Buzzers

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
DeckardCain

Matt's Buzzers

Post by DeckardCain »

Passing along the word...

Matt's Buzzers was created in 2005 in memory Matt Cvijanovich, who was an avid college quizbowler at Iowa State University. He continued competing at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign during his 1st semester of Grad School. He passed away just after that first semester from complications of pancreatitis.

In memory of Matt, Matt's Buzzers will award 10 grants in the amount of $200 each to middle school and high school teams to be used to purchase a new or repair an existing buzzer system.

The application and more information about Matt and the grants can be found at www.mattsbuzzers.com.

scphilli

Matt's Buzzers

Post by scphilli »

I would like to add a personal note:

Matt Cvijanovich was one of the nicest, classiest, and talented players I had the good fortune to play against in college. It saddens me greatly that many of you never got the opportunity to meet him. He in all likelihood would have been a national champion had his life not been cut tragically short though that would not have been as remarkable as his generous character. I highly encourage any donations made to this foundation in honor of his memory.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Re: Matt's Buzzers

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

Bumping this post, given that we are starting a new season.

Is anyone thinking of hosting a tournament within range with proceeds benefiting this worthy cause?