Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

IRC scrimmages

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
octo

IRC scrimmages

Post by octo »

I've been thinking about this thread, and since my team already has semi-regular practices on IRC, I thought it would be a great learning experience and not too much of a stretch for us to participate on #scrimmage with the entire team. Would any other school represented here be interested in playing with us? I mean, sure, I could just express interest in the thread on hsquizbowl, but I have a feeling that would end in us playing a group far above our skill level given the people that frequent those forums, not to mention it might be easier to convince my teammates to play with a group of people I already know to some degree.

As for the day and time, pretty much any evening/night works for me, and I don't think my teammates have too many conflicts in that timespace either.

dividebyzero

Re: IRC scrimmages

Post by dividebyzero »

Are you looking for a full, official school team to play against, or just some people against whom you can have some level of organized competition for the purpose of practice?

octo

Post by octo »

I suppose it doesn't really matter, though I was initially thinking of the former. At the least it would have to not be a superteam.

dividebyzero

Post by dividebyzero »

Okay, that sounds pretty reasonable. I was just asking because I may be able to participate, but can't guarantee super-regularity and definitely can't guarantee any other teammates showing up. So if it works for you, you could ask around and have a couple of people play against you guys as a team (and you'd obviously have to know who they were so as to make sure it's not a superteam/generally know the skill level you're up against). Just my thoughts. Dunno if any actual teams would be available or not.

Acceleration

Post by Acceleration »

This is a very good idea. I've been in a few of these already, and they are a lot of fun and very helpful. If anyone wanted to do this, I could play or read.

Mewto55555

Post by Mewto55555 »

I suppose I could show up a bit, but I'd be by myself.

Machina

Post by Machina »

Ditto what Max said.