Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

College Decisions-Class of 2017

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
Mickey0R0urke

College Decisions-Class of 2017

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

It's that time of year again!

As was recently posted on the hsquizbowl boards, it's about that time when most people have finalized where they are going to college. Obviously, I'm not on the moquizbowl board staff, but I highly recommend doing what happens on the hsquizbowl thread-posting where you're going to college and whether you're interested in playing or staying involved more peripherally (such as helping out at a few tournaments a year in the area, etc).

I highly recommend that you all at least try and check out a few college quizbowl practices before you decide whether or not it's for you-I'd like to see you guys at area college tournaments sometime.

Mickey0R0urke

Re: College Decisions-Class of 2017

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Washington players:

-Joe Stitz is going to Mizzou and plans on playing quizbowl there.
-Cole Phinney and Matt Dew are going to Missouri S&T and are planning on playing.
-Matt Chalem and Spencer Johnson are going to Truman State and are planning on playing.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

I'm graduating from U of I with my masters this spring and currently pursuing a number of job opportunities in the Philadelphia area. If I end up getting a job at a university, I would like to perhaps enroll in some classes and possibly play some quizbowl (whatever I'd still be eligible for).

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

socalcaptain wrote:I'm graduating from U of I with my masters this spring and currently pursuing a number of job opportunities in the Philadelphia area. If I end up getting a job at a university, I would like to perhaps enroll in some classes and possibly play some quizbowl (whatever I'd still be eligible for).
Maybe you can head edit Penn Bowl? Because it can't possibly get any worse...

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

I can report of two college decisions from NEMO:
-Audrey Brandon of Moberly will be attending Central Methodist University.
-Enzo Anthony of Marceline will be attending Missouri S&T.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

A couple more NE/Central MO seniors to report on: Karsyn Kraus of Pilot Grove and Nick Williams of Bevier will both attend Mizzou.

Nathan Rock Bridge

Post by Nathan Rock Bridge »

Reporting on frequent tournament attenders from Rock Bridge (we have a ton of seniors, so I'm gonna limit it to people who have been moderately active)
I am going to Columbia in NYC, I'll look into staying involved to some extent probably, guess I should message Ben Zhang. I think I'm the only one who will look into continuing with quiz bowl.
Zane Durante and Joanna Yu (a constant helper in scorekeeping) are both going to be USC Trojans.
Bryan Carrasco, Rucsanda Juncu, Bridger Bjornstrom, Matt Guess, and many others are going to Mizzou.
Thomas White is going to KU Leuven in Belgium.
Maryam Bledsoe is going to UChicago.
Dzung Nguyen is going to Penn.

BenHelias

Post by BenHelias »

For seniors from Helias, Michael Mendez is going to Mizzou, while Stephen Simmons and Peter Kovar are both going to Missouri S&T next year. I don't think any of them will stay involved in quiz bowl, but I may be wrong.

christino

Post by christino »

Nathan Rock Bridge wrote: I am going to Columbia in NYC, I'll look into staying involved to some extent probably, guess I should message Ben Zhang. I think I'm the only one who will look into continuing with quiz bowl.
Yeah hmu if you have any questions

WMR1 coach

Post by WMR1 coach »

Wellsville 's Gage Smith will be at Mizzou this fall.