Does your school need new buzzers?
Apply for a Matt's Buzzers grant! $250 grants will be awarded on December 1.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:43 am

Middle School Teams 

Post Middle School Teams
Hello!
I am in charge of a middle school team at my district and I would like to get more opportunities for my students to get involved with. Right now all our school goes to is the conference meet in January but my team would like to do more. We are at Humansville (hour north of Springfield) and if anyone knows of any non-MSHSAA events would could register for I would certainly appreciate the info. I saw that we need to be MSHSAA affiliated or something for some events, but I don't have the time to figure all that out now. I am just wanting to find some events to take my team to.

I would certainly appreciate any information you all could help me with!

Thank you,

Dustin Kessler
Humansville Schools

Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:17 am

Post Re: Middle School Teams
Your school is listed with MSHSAA. Talk to your High School Athletic Director - it'd be at most a 5-10 minute deal. Just before you send your kids to the first event, give the AD your list of kids.

Edit: sorry, it's apparently Affiliate Registered. Yeah, that's an issue. My bad.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:04 pm

Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair
dwd50 wrote:
Your school is listed with MSHSAA. Talk to your High School Athletic Director - it'd be at most a 5-10 minute deal. Just before you send your kids to the first event, give the AD your list of kids.

Edit: sorry, it's apparently Affiliate Registered. Yeah, that's an issue. My bad.

I thought affiliate registered meant that the AD could sign up individual teams, which would allow them to compete against other registered teams, be they full or affiliate? At the junior high level, since MSHSAA offers no state or regional tournament, affiliate JH vs full JH vs combined JH/HS is whether the school wants to pay for a second voting member when it comes to by-law changes.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:55 pm

I'm not well-versed in that side of MSHSAA, but I bet your AD is. This may just need a short conversation and a form.

Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:00 pm