Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

My latest purchase

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
DeckardCain

My latest purchase

Post by DeckardCain »

Got Season 3 as well, but I didn't feel like finding an image for it.

East Buc & UMR

My latest purchase

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Only person I can think of who would be proud of owning those.

DeckardCain

My latest purchase

Post by DeckardCain »

Some people don't know quality entertainment when they see it.

LibertyMarie

My latest purchase

Post by LibertyMarie »

heeey, it's jonathan kent!

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

My latest purchase

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Got these today...

Bad time of the year for my wallet: Amazon slashes prices on a bunch of CD's...

(Don't know how it went from Amazon's Kentucky warehouse to Cincinnati then to Kansas City and then to Rolla... weird that it went all the way to KC... unless St. Louis isn't a primary "hub" or whatever for the USPS.)

And no, I don't care at all that it cost me 34.66¢ more per song than many of you pay.

East Buc & UMR

My latest purchase

Post by East Buc & UMR »

lets go at 10 bucks a pop... 3 cd's on a college budget. Free or $30 bucks that you could use on something else like ramen or drinks. Tough choice

libertymark

My latest purchase

Post by libertymark »

im planning on buying a 250 GB hard drive from Circuit City for $30 the day after Thanksgiving

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

My latest purchase

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

libertymark wrote: im planning on buying a 250 GB hard drive from Circuit City for $30 the day after Thanksgiving
Should have known it wasn't Maxtor, Western Digital, and definitely not Seagate...

(39.99 I/O Magic external HD, if the image doesn't load)

And it's after $100 in rebates. I don't need the space desperately; I'll wait and see if something name brand pops up (If that's not the one you're talking about I don't see it on bfads.net)

Speaking of Black Friday, one year we decided to go to Best Buy for a couple of things, including a bigger CF memory card for our high-tech 2.1 MP HP digital camera that came with an 8 MB card. The line went all the way to the back of the store. Then we went across the highway to Circuit City and it was dead.

bfads.net is awesome

--edit--
Arg... CompUSA will have a 160 GB Seagate for $20... unfortunately it's SATA...

And this is a nice 60% off Early Bird Special...

Jeffrey Hill

My latest purchase

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

East Buc & UMR wrote: lets go at 10 bucks a pop... 3 cd's on a college budget. Free or $30 bucks that you could use on something else like ramen or drinks. Tough choice
Well now that I think of it even if I decided to steal these albums by downloading them I'd probably have a fun time trying to find them... Amazon sales ranks: 39,411; 3,946; 7,645

Jeffrey Hill

My latest purchase

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Speaking of hard drives, the current Woot in the Woot-off is a 250 GB Western Digital IDE internal for $44.99... unfortunately it's a refurb and already sold out (only 50 of them)

Charlie Dees

My latest purchase

Post by Charlie Dees »

Here's my latest purchase:

It might be the best spent $15 ever.

johnboy81918

My latest purchase

Post by johnboy81918 »

ROFL Charlie, you are a strange one!

Charlie Dees

My latest purchase

Post by Charlie Dees »

During lunch i put it into the computer that I was keeping score with and Savannah's team walked in when it was blasting "SexyBack." That was kind of embarrassing.

johnboy81918

My latest purchase

Post by johnboy81918 »

Where are you at right now, since you can't get on at home anymore? Just curious

^_^

Charlie Dees

My latest purchase

Post by Charlie Dees »

My mom came into town for the Thanksgiving, so we're at a family friend's house in Olathe.

johnboy81918

My latest purchase

Post by johnboy81918 »

Ah, ok. Still no AIM though?

:(

Charlie Dees

My latest purchase

Post by Charlie Dees »

Maybe the chat in a few minutes.

KentB

My latest purchase

Post by KentB »

My latest purchase is in my current icon. My preordered copy of the new Brand New album should arrive on Monday..... just in time for the trip home on Tuesday night. I also bought a new Belkin iPod player thingy ... plugs into the cig. lighter and charges the pod and plays over a radio station.... I know that isn't anything new but I didn't have one.

Also, the purchase I will make ASAP ... as in February .... Scrubs Season 5 ..... I could watch it on iTunes but that would be wasting 34 bucks when I could get it on dvd in Feb..... so I don't think I will watch Season 6 (which starts Nov. 30) since I haven't seen Season 5 .... grrr.

libertymark

My latest purchase

Post by libertymark »

ScoBo1987 wrote:
East Buc & UMR wrote: lets go at 10 bucks a pop... 3 cd's on a college budget. Free or $30 bucks that you could use on something else like ramen or drinks. Tough choice
Well now that I think of it even if I decided to steal these albums by downloading them I'd probably have a fun time trying to find them... Amazon sales ranks: 39,411; 3,946; 7,645
you underestimate pirates. i could find them in a few seconds.

Jeffrey Hill

My latest purchase

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

libertymark wrote:
ScoBo1987 wrote:
you underestimate pirates. i could find them in a few seconds.
I'm not saying they're not out there; they're just not where I'd look and I don't really care to know of any more ways to steal music (I still use stuff to get MP3 versions of stuff I've bought on vinyl)

libertymark

My latest purchase

Post by libertymark »

you know who is really hard to find: notwist