Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Wooo-hoooo

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

2.35 GPA ain't got NOTHING on me! Wooooooohoooo partay! Guess my 27 ACT and my omgomgomgletmeintoyourcollege letter worked too! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Wooo-hoooo

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Sounds like a middle-of-the-road GPA to get into Mizzou.

Sorry, as a UMR student I couldn't resist.

(Note: this is a bash against Mizzou and not you at all)

Where are you going?

jcarkeys

Wooo-hoooo

Post by jcarkeys »

Congrats! Where're you headed?

East Buc & UMR

Wooo-hoooo

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Looks like the academic pride of SWMO

Drury U.

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

East Buc & UMR wrote: Looks like the academic pride of SWMO

Drury U.
Yup. Drury University. Kinda supercedes my acceptance to Missourah State by a bunch.

MSU is cheaper up front, however. Had to lay down a Benjamin on the Housing deposit.. Drury wants two hundred. Ouch.

LibertyMarie

Wooo-hoooo

Post by LibertyMarie »

heeeey! represent!

LibertyMarie

Wooo-hoooo

Post by LibertyMarie »

East Buc & UMR wrote: Looks like the academic pride of SWMO

Drury U.
bill...bite me.

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

LibertyMarie wrote: heeeey! represent!
Yulp. Gotta fill out the housing form. Sucks that nobody can read my handwriting, because as of now, Drury U thinks my name is Coleman Stewart Mitchell... And that's an unpleasantness.

East Buc & UMR

Wooo-hoooo

Post by East Buc & UMR »

what wrong marie?

LibertyMarie

Wooo-hoooo

Post by LibertyMarie »

S.C.Mitchell07 wrote: Yulp. Gotta fill out the housing form. Sucks that nobody can read my handwriting, because as of now, Drury U thinks my name is Coleman Stewart Mitchell... And that's an unpleasantness.
ooh, what dorm do you want?? umm...you should definitely go for smith hall. heh heh heh. i mean, uh...

i don't understand how that occurred...don't most application-type things have separate spots for first, middle, and last names?? *shrug.* the weirdest thing was when drury had my address wrong (which i noticed when i got my first paycheck, it apparently didn't affect my admissions process)...like, it was some springfield address, and when i anywho'ed/mapquested it to see who/where it was, it wasn't even an existing address. where do they get that??
name-wise...truman state probably still thinks that i'm three separate people (erin marie, erin, and marie).
*shrug.*

and, bill, i was just reading some sarcasm into your post. perhaps there wasn't any, but, really, would it be past you?

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

Smith huh? It certainly was the most polished looking when I took the visit day on Sept. 30.. The hapless lady who volunteered her dorm to be toured locked her door and had an alarm on, so we had to bypass that one though, ahha.

Wallace scared me a bit, Sunderland looks nice (really don't wanna take care of a bathroom.. my friend was tryin to get me to go to MSU said that community bathrooms were nice because they were constantly cleaned) and depending on the source, there might be an LLC for my field of study (politicks.) The acceptance package doesn't list one, and neither does one page on DU's site.. But the online form for LLC's lists it. I'm so confused!

East Buc & UMR

Wooo-hoooo

Post by East Buc & UMR »

I'll try to lay it on thicker next time so to leave any doubt out of the question

LibertyMarie

Wooo-hoooo

Post by LibertyMarie »

S.C.Mitchell07 wrote: The acceptance package doesn't list one, and neither does one page on DU's site.. But the online form for LLC's lists it. I'm so confused!
ummm I just think it's funny that all the dorms are gonna be co-ed next year, is about all I was going for with that. *shrug.* Wallace is scary, that I won't argue.
Did you visit College Park on your tour?? Because if so...then you're the only guy on this board who's been in my room (we're the show room). heh heh heh.

I'm pretty sure not letting people tour through your room is against show-room rules...but then again we can hide in our bedrooms when people come through our apt., I guess it's harder in a dorm. (that's what she said.)

And my instinct would be to trust the acceptance package, but I would say the LLC website looks reliable. As a general rule, I wouldn't trust the Drury website (speaking as someone who's worked on little parts of it...), but that explicitly says 07-08. *shrug.*

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

You are invovled with the website? I got some beef, ahaha.

They give me my Drury email.. but I cannot log into it. That, and the aforementioned name swap hasn't been changed yet. So, I'm wondering if my deposit check and housing app will "unlocl" my email.

LibertyMarie

Wooo-hoooo

Post by LibertyMarie »

oh, no, not the website in general. i just update pages for my department (i work in the interdisciplinary studies center--GP21) on occasion.
umm...i don't know what to tell you. email your admissions counselor, goodness knows i did a lot of that.

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

I'm too chicken to email.

LibertyMarie

Wooo-hoooo

Post by LibertyMarie »

then stop complaining.

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

LibertyMarie wrote: then stop complaining.
I'm ahmerhkun, complaining is what I'm good at.

S.C.Mitchell07

Wooo-hoooo

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

Addendum: The incoming freshman class at DU doesn't seem to contain a lot of good looking girlies. Weeeee.

Charlie Dees

Wooo-hoooo

Post by Charlie Dees »

Drury is my whole ambition in life.