Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Vegetarianism

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
ecks

Vegetarianism

Post by ecks »

East Buc & UMR wrote: No kirksville isn't isolated. Anyone who thinks that is just plain dumb.
Try telling that to the thousands of St. Louisans who come to Truman every year and complain at how isolated Kirksville is. <_<

AethyricNomad

Vegetarianism

Post by AethyricNomad »

Yep, Tarkio is isolated. Where I live, you can travel an hour to Omaha or an hour to St. Joseph, or a few more hours to Kansas City. Assuming you go by the Interstate, at least.

But this discussion of distances is hardly relevant to the discussion on vegetarianism, is it?

I do agree that at least some aspects of the government are influenced by various agricultural producer lobbies (*cough* milk, wheat, corn, beef, and probably about every other crop known to man that we grow within our borders), whether it's lobbying for farm subsidies or lobbying to influence trade practices so our beef farmers can sell their product at good prices. Of course, Japan is one of the biggest customers of the beef we produce, I think...

Charlie Dees

Vegetarianism

Post by Charlie Dees »

I've come to adopt Bill's philosophy that you should just let the conversation go the way it wants to, whether or not it has anything to do with the topic. You shall learn, grasshopper.

AethyricNomad

Vegetarianism

Post by AethyricNomad »

I shall follow your teachings, great master.

Heh heh.