Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

world of warcraft

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

does anyone on this board play WoW? i just restarted my account that i last played in september 2005 because i'm kinda bored and looking for something to do.

i have a level 46 tauren druid on dunemaul.

libertymark

world of warcraft

Post by libertymark »

i play, started around february. i have a 51 night elf priest, 42 human warlock, 19 hunter on frostmane and a 18 blood elf priest and a 13 blood elf mage on agewynne or whatever the first one alphabetical is.

Charlie Dees

world of warcraft

Post by Charlie Dees »

World of warcraft is for nerds who go to umr.

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

ashkenaziCD wrote: World of warcraft is for nerds who go to umr.
Or nerds who go to Truman... there are just as many nerds who to Truman as UMR, they're just a different breed.

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

I just got an awesome turtle pet for dragging a little orphan around. I'm 55 now, woot.

libertymark

world of warcraft

Post by libertymark »

i would be 60 if my time didn't expire and if i had $30 to get another card

AShoaib

world of warcraft

Post by AShoaib »

What do you call a guy who plays WoW and has a girl character? A trans-gamer?

A friend of mine does that. He sucks up to guy gamers by posing as a girl to get some favors done (like getting bling... I mean money).

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

AShoaib wrote: What do you call a guy who plays WoW and has a girl character? A trans-gamer?

A friend of mine does that. He sucks up to guy gamers by posing as a girl to get some favors done (like getting bling... I mean money).
I have a female human mage, but I don't pretend to be an IRL girl, so I don't know if that counts.

There used to be a good website where a guy did an "insider's report" of sorts, kinda like dateline, over a couple months to see how much [mod edit]he could get by building "relationships" with guys in-game by pretending to be an IRL girl. He got a couple K g and a bunch of purple armor pieces. It was pretty sick. But he gave back all the stuff at the end.

Is it really that hard to keep the posts clean?

Edit: I'm not really sure what was "un-clean" about this post. I'm not used to censoring myself. So back off.

libertymark

world of warcraft

Post by libertymark »

AShoaib wrote: What do you call a guy who plays WoW and has a girl character? A trans-gamer?

i have 4 female characters and 2 male characters. the females look cooler to me. ive never tried getting stuff and i don't think it will work that well if i did. lots of girls play WoW so i don't think people will go for it anymore.

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

East Buc & UMR

world of warcraft

Post by East Buc & UMR »

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

East Buc & UMR wrote: Make Love not Warcraft
$575 might actually be a bargain for all those characters, they look pretty well set. His 48 Druid has a higher crit rate in Moonkin than my 57 one does.

KentB

world of warcraft

Post by KentB »

ecks wrote:
$575 might actually be a bargain for all those characters, they look pretty well set. His 48 Druid has a higher crit rate in Moonkin than my 57 one does.
I would never put buying WoW characters, $575, and bargain in the same sentence (in that context). I am now wondering about your sanity, Christopher. Paying $575 for anything related to a computer game is cccrrrrraaazzzyyy unless you are a bazillionaire

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

KentB wrote:
ecks wrote:
I would never put buying WoW characters, $575, and bargain in the same sentence (in that context). I am now wondering about your sanity, Christopher. Paying $575 for anything related to a computer game is cccrrrrraaazzzyyy unless you are a bazillionaire
I'd never be a en e-bayer, ruins the fun of playing the game. I'm just saying, given how much a lot of other accounts go for, and especially how much gold sells for these days, it's a pretty cheap deal.

S.C.Mitchell07

world of warcraft

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

LOL, EVE.

libertymark

world of warcraft

Post by libertymark »

ecks wrote:
still couldn't touch my priest, no one can...not even rogues

ecks

world of warcraft

Post by ecks »

libertymark wrote:
ecks wrote:
shadow spec I'm guessing?

libertymark

world of warcraft

Post by libertymark »

ecks wrote:
libertymark wrote:
ecks wrote:
shadow spec I'm guessing?
shadow with a touch of discipline for the resistance to stun and fear and the inner focus spell which reduces the mana cost of my next spell by 100% and increases crit chance by 25%. picked up the extra shield and bonus on fortitude buff too.

libertymark

world of warcraft

Post by libertymark »

so for those who play, is anyone having a hard time finding a good guild? everyone i join either disbands two days later, sucks for 70s (even though they plan on raiding just never do it), or has 5 members on for the entire day. im almost about to abandon my 70 priest and start on kilrogg. got a friend who is a raid leader.