Server upgrade complete!

Welcome to the upgraded server! If you notice anything wrong with the board, please let Jeffrey know!Free packets for study/practiceAnnounced tournament dates

So like, I just realized

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
S.C.Mitchell07

So like, I just realized

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:42 pm

That going to Drury (only other option is Missouri State) is going to be a hee-UUGE mistake for lots of reasons. I have to get good grades this year, but how much would it take to convince the parents to let me transfer elsewhere? Cure cancer? Solve the Darfur crisis?

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

So like, I just realized

Post by L-Town Expatriate » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:37 pm

Win the World Series. :lol:

(Note that I didn't say which one.)

STPickrell

So like, I just realized

Post by STPickrell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:59 am

S.C.Mitchell07 wrote: That going to Drury (only other option is Missouri State) is going to be a hee-UUGE mistake for lots of reasons. I have to get good grades this year, but how much would it take to convince the parents to let me transfer elsewhere? Cure cancer? Solve the Darfur crisis?
If it costs less, and the schools are of comparable reputation, then I fail to see what the issue is. Right now you can still withdraw, and only pay the deposit fee (is that still non-refundable?) If it is in the realm of $300-$500 then you can even pay them back.

Is the reason you don't want to go to Drury something your parents might understand?

Perhaps it would be better to go to community college or Missouri State for a semester or a year and then decide in a year what your option is.

The ultimate option is to go it alone. Had I not received my scholarship to Randolph-Macon, I would have ended up going to community college for two or three years, and then working 20-30 hours a week and taking 6-9 hours a semester at UVA or James Madison.

If this through is not abhorrent to you, then perhaps you might wish to consider it. My parents simply were unable to contribute beyond perhaps $1,000 a year to my education at the time so it would have been a necessity for me. I would have probably gotten my B.S. by 24 or 25, and have a different outlook on life.

Good luck.

S.C.Mitchell07

So like, I just realized

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:08 pm

Pay no attention to the man behind the computer screen. He was on chemicals, just got done being wierded out by being checked out by someone of a different orientation that he, and he was experiencing female problems.

"These are not the droids you are looking for."

redliberte

So like, I just realized

Post by redliberte » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:52 pm

well, the jedi mind trick always works for me...