Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Getting off the board

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
ajax

Getting off the board

Post by ajax »

Is there a way to delete my profile and my posts?

Charlie Dees

Getting off the board

Post by Charlie Dees »

That seems silly since, like, you can always just not use it if you aren't interested in using the board.

ajax

Getting off the board

Post by ajax »

It is my choice. I am not in quiz bowl anymore, and I am just trying close all my ties to quiz bowl.

scphilli

Getting off the board

Post by scphilli »

ajax wrote: It is my choice. I am not in quiz bowl anymore, and I am just trying close all my ties to quiz bowl.
Darling, quizbowl is like the Mafia. You get in once, you're in for life. Unless of course someone puts out a contract on you.

And I guess people could go through and delete all 900+ of your posts but that'll lead to some oddly stilted threads won't it? In other words, stop being a drama queen.

ajax

Getting off the board

Post by ajax »

Don't call me a drama queen, that is just rude. Quiz bowl is not like the Mafia; that is a ridiculous analogy. All I wanted was to put quiz bowl in my past, and be allowed to get off this board. I did not want to post this for a sympathy kick, but I emailed a moderator about this topic and received no response. :angry:

MikeWormdog

Getting off the board

Post by MikeWormdog »

Maybe the dude's in the Witness Protection Program. Or maybe quizbowl killed his father and/or unborn child. Any of those scenarios would make me want to cut ties with a meaningless board that I could otherwise just ignore. I hope he burned all of his study materials and any clothing he wore to tournaments. The scent of quizbowl can linger...

scphilli

Getting off the board

Post by scphilli »

ajax wrote: Quiz bowl is not like the Mafia; that is a ridiculous analogy.
Actually it was sarcasm. Something you'd understand better if you weren't taking yourself insufferably seriously.

ajax

Getting off the board

Post by ajax »

MikeWormdog wrote: Maybe the dude's in the Witness Protection Program. Or maybe quizbowl killed his father and/or unborn child. Any of those scenarios would make me want to cut ties with a meaningless board that I could otherwise just ignore. I hope he burned all of his study materials and any clothing he wore to tournaments. The scent of quizbowl can linger...
Never mind all this, I will just ignore the board. But I hoped there was a simple way to get away from the board, however there is not. I never burned my study materials; I just donated them to my school 3 yrs ago. As for the clothing, I still wear my science olympiad shirt that I wore to state quiz bowl. If I had known the response to this, I never would have put it on the board.

Charlie Dees

Getting off the board

Post by Charlie Dees »

Once again you aren't understanding what sarcasm is.

LibertyMarie

Getting off the board

Post by LibertyMarie »

AJ, no, no one is going to go through and delete a thousand posts just for your peace of mind. Sorry. Goodbye, enjoy your post-quiz bowl life.