Missouri Quizbowl Message Board
http://moquizbowl.com/

AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA
http://moquizbowl.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2219
Page 1 of 1

Author:  L-Town Expatriate [ Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:18 pm ]
Post subject:  AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2011 ... etic-group
Cassville's Athletic Director has blasted Sen. Jane Cunningham, perennial critic of MSHSAA (oh, and socialist healthcare mandates) for weighing in on MSHSAA's decision to declare a D-I signee ineligible for transferring schools too many times.

Thoughts?

Author:  DeckardCain [ Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmakers who blasts MSHSAA

L-Town Expatriate wrote:
Thoughts?


For ten points, count the number of spelling and grammatical errors in the letter.

I, for one, found his argument wholly unconvincing for any number of reasons.

Author:  Mewto55555 [ Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmakers who blasts MSHSAA

DeckardCain wrote:
For ten points, count the number of spelling and grammatical errors in the letter.



IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!!

Author:  Charlie Dees [ Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmakers who blasts MSHSAA

I hate you right now Max.

Author:  WilliamofOrange [ Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

Actually, back in the Spring of '09 (Rolla I believe?) there was a math computation tossup which had the answer of x > 9000. That's obviously what Max is referencing, Charles. No memes to troll upon here. :wink:

On topic: His letter almost feels quasi-Stream of Consciousness, at least in the sense that some of his thoughts hold little relevance (particularly his statement against her political views) and aren't well organized. Honestly, it's awfully hard to take him seriously when his letter to a Senator has the syntax of an unedited college admissions essay written at 2am. Unless I'm mistaken, questions are generally supposed to end with question marks. There's nothing wrong with acting on what you believe in, but at least think before you do so.

Author:  Mewto55555 [ Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

WilliamofOrange wrote:
Actually, back in the Spring of '09 (Rolla I believe?) there was a math computation tossup which had the answer of x > 9000. That's obviously what Max is referencing, Charles. No memes to troll upon here. :wink:


I referenced a math computation tossup? I can see why I am hated :lol:

Author:  WilliamofOrange [ Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

Mewto55555 wrote:
I referenced a math computation tossup? I can see why I am hated :lol:


You're right, in retrospect that's probably worse. WHAT, 9000?!?

Author:  Mewto55555 [ Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

WilliamofOrange wrote:
worse.



That's impossible!

Author:  PenforPrez [ Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

With the MO legislature now with a record majority of mostly far-right Republicans, I've been wondering if anything will come of Ms. Cunningham's crusade. Of course, the Missouri legislature is far too concerned with trying to outlaw abortion and adult entertainment establishments to worry about anything even marginally important.

Author:  L-Town Expatriate [ Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: AD blasts lawmaker who blasts MSHSAA

PenforPrez wrote:
With the MO legislature now with a record majority of mostly far-right Republicans, I've been wondering if anything will come of Ms. Cunningham's crusade. Of course, the Missouri legislature is far too concerned with trying to outlaw abortion and adult entertainment establishments to worry about anything even marginally important.

Like the "Fair" Tax? :lol:

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/