Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Marie needs to get over it

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

This is a forum with a focus on college players. College players aren't always nice to each other, and some of them bring it upon themselves. So I see nothing to be gained by locking the thread. Especially since you aren't currently affiliated with any quizbowl team.

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Don't get on Marie for enforcing the rules set down by the person who runs the board.

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Oh why the need for the rules on the Missouri HIGH SCHOOL board
Recently, the MSHSAA has been made aware of several incidents involving internet message boards that have been used to intimidate, taunt or demean the character of student participants, school personnel and officials. These unsportsmanlike actions are generally carried out anonymously with little accountability or consideration for their lasting effects.

As a result, the Missouri State High School Activities Association strongly encourages its coaches, administrators and officials to take an active role in the prevention of unsportsmanlike materials on internet message boards.

School administrators should discourage student participants and coaches from posting objectionable or unsportsmanlike material on internet websites, however communication of a positive nature is always encouraged. By being proactive in this matter, schools can help address this evolving trend in a manner that is consistent with the educational mission of Missouri’s interscholastic programs

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

The thread will not be unlocked - it completely overstepped the bounds of what is acceptable on this board, per James' rules and MSHSAA regulations, as well as concerns of others (players and coaches) that have been voiced on this board, both publicly and privately. Sorry guys.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

I agree as well - James has provided us a nice place to discuss quiz bowl, and we must respect the rules that he has set forth. If you want to continue discussions of this nature, start your own board and find some other way besides this board to let people know about it (although I obviously do not endorse this). I applaud Marie for taking appropriate action

KentB

Post by KentB »

it did get sort of out of hand ..... as much as i appreciate stuff of this nature normally ... it did get a bit uncalled for

AShoaib

Post by AShoaib »

I actually took time to read that thread, and I'll admit it did get a bit out of hand....

IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME

Yes, that was good to get out of my system.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

I don't really have anything to add that hasn't been said regarding the rules of this board, MSHSAA regulations, that sort of thing. These boards exist to facilitate discussions of quiz bowl, not to enable personal attacks. Again, though, if you don't want to play nice that's perfectly fine, just take it somewhere else and don't tell me about it.