Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

ICT 2007

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
PenforPrez

ICT 2007

Post by PenforPrez »

Finally found early results from NAQT's ICT today in Minneapolis, according to a post by Craig Barker.

DI: Chicago over Illinois
DII: Maryland over Dartmouth
DI UG: Carleton
CC: Valencia

In other words, the usual suspects.

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3884

DeckardCain

ICT 2007

Post by DeckardCain »

I see OU made the middle of the second bracket... so much about SW region teams not being able to compete, eh?

scphilli

ICT 2007

Post by scphilli »

But Chadbourne, who wants teams that know what they're doing to play when we can have such qualified competitors as 3 community colleges go at it with average scores of one correct question and bonus?

KentB

ICT 2007

Post by KentB »

And with Cloud County sucking so horribly .. they sent 8 people to lose their DII eligibility..... woooooooooooowwwwwwww.

We actually did get an invite a couple of weeks ago but we turned it down because we had all made other plans to read at districts and we know we will do better next year with a lot more study this summer and we will hopefully not be on the border next year.

East Buc & UMR

ICT 2007

Post by East Buc & UMR »

From NAQT rules
1. They do not possess a degree at the Bachelor's level or higher from any post-secondary educational institution,
2. They have not completed their fourth distinct academic year of competition in NAQT collegiate events,
3. Prior to the current competition year, they have never played on a Sectionals team that qualified for the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament nor played at the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament at either the Division II or Division I levels.
4. They have played on a Division I team at no more than one previous NAQT Sectional.
In the case of students at community colleges (or other two-year institutions), the third criterion does not apply, but the second criterion is lowered to three years of intercollegiate play. Community college players may play for a full three years regardless of whether their teams qualify for or attend the ICT in those years. Community college players that exhaust their Division II eligibility may still play in Division I, even if they are still attending a two-year institution.
So in short the CCCC players retain their D2 eligibility

DeckardCain

ICT 2007

Post by DeckardCain »

I guess that's the same Cloud County team that we hung up 500 on at K-State. I really think they should have a separate CC championship if they're going to do it at all, but maybe that's just me.

KentB

ICT 2007

Post by KentB »

No .... I think that would be said by most people.

Valencia is far and away the best CC on a year in year out basis .... they are probably the reason that CCs still get to play with the big boys.

ecks

ICT 2007

Post by ecks »

KentB wrote: No .... I think that would be said by most people.

Valencia is far and away the best CC on a year in year out basis .... they are probably the reason that CCs still get to play with the big boys.
They beat WashU, which definitely says something for the quality of their team.

scphilli

ICT 2007

Post by scphilli »

Valencia consistently has a strong program thanks to the efforts of Chris Borglum, their coach. That's why Valencia actually played in the D2 final back in 03. Borglum has tried to get Valencia removed from being required to play in the CC field at SCT and into the actual SCT's but to no avail from NAQT.