Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Early Fall Tournament @ UIUC

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

I just realized there was no thread for this yet, but it looks like a lot of people on this board are going to be in Urbana-Champaign tomorrow to play the Midwest EFT. The field from hsquizbowl is
OSU 1
OSU 2
OSU 3
New Trier
Auburn
NIU
S&T
Truman 1
Truman 2
Truman 3
Depauw 1
Depauw 2
Indiana
WUSTL 1
WUSTL 2
WUSTL 3
Missouri 1
Lawrence 1
Northwestern 1
Minnesota 1
Minnesota 2
Minnesota 3
Chicago 1
Chicago 2
Good luck to everyone in the first major tournament of the season, I'm really really excited for my first tournament with the Mizzou team (and our first tournament besides CBI attended in years). If you're going, I'll see you there tomorrow!

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

Much fun will be had. See everyone there.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Minnesota B beat Minnesota A, while Chicago A got 3rd after a wild tiebreaker round. I really had a great time, and while there were definitely some flaws in the set (repeat city) it was on the whole quite good and I got to play a lot of fun games. I think Missouri teams all made some solid showings for this early in the year, and I really am getting a blast out of how friendly a lot of the college circuit has been. It's a lot more laid back and a lot of fun, and both I and my teammate each found stuff to enjoy. Best of luck to everyone else in Missouri, and good job making it out to the EFT if you did. Hopefully Mizzou will be up to Truman State for ACF Fall next, where we'll see you there.

The stats have been posted here.