Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

ACF Regionals @ WUSTL????

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
socalcaptain

ACF Regionals @ WUSTL????

Post by socalcaptain »

I also want to say that there will be a Regionals site at WUSTL one week after the rest of the sites finish (that would be the 27th). Someone from WUSTL should be announcing that presently.
This post from Matt Weiner on hsquizbowl yesterday. If this happens, Mizzou might be interested.

Charbroil

Re: ACF Regionals @ WUSTL????

Post by Charbroil »

Yeah, we're indeed hosting this--more information from an official source later.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Might isn't the word.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Is there any interest among anyone here in perhaps attending an event (immediately after this tournament) in Overland, MO?

The Missouri Boys State Trust is hosting a Trivia Night event at the American Legion post in Overland. The cost is $25 per person OR $200 for a table of up to 8. There's free soda and beer (for those 21+) and door prizes. Things start at 7:00.

I was just seeing what the interest might be in attending. It'd be for a good cause, and could be fun.

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

I might be interested in the trivia night. You had to say free beer, didn't you?;)

PenforPrez

Post by PenforPrez »

socalcaptain wrote:Is there any interest among anyone here in perhaps attending an event (immediately after this tournament) in Overland, MO?

The Missouri Boys State Trust is hosting a Trivia Night event at the American Legion post in Overland. The cost is $25 per person OR $200 for a table of up to 8. There's free soda and beer (for those 21+) and door prizes. Things start at 7:00.

I was just seeing what the interest might be in attending. It'd be for a good cause, and could be fun.
I wish I could join you, but I'll probably be out of town. :( My father turns 83 years old this month (for those of you wondering, I turn 30 next month), and that weekend is the only time this month I'll get to celebrate with him. :D

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

This is today! :)

Since there's talk of a lit side event and the fact that I have a paper due on Monday that I've yet to get substantially into, I won't be going to the trivia night re above.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Mizzou went undefeated (11-0) to win the overall title over the Geckos, who took the D2 title and 2nd place.

Full results coming soon from someone at WashU.

Lit & fine arts side event going on right now.

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

Gordon posted the stats over on the hsquizbowl board. I currently don't have the link as I'm on a mac at work and have no idea how you cut and paste with these crazy things. Anyway good job all around to those who played! I'm especially pleased to see all those new faces and those who played solo even though (this tournament in particular) it can make for a lonely day. It's always nice to see people who are playing up to their abilities rather than playing down for trophies ... or other things.

I forget the final scores for the Lit/Fine arts event but I think it was something like of the 1050 points available from the 5 packets:

Charlie 600something
Me 120 (no negs, whee!)
Caleb 60

Thanks Charlie for giving us that. It was a nice little come down from a long day of hard, but good q's.

Charbroil

Post by Charbroil »

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Will the scores from the 11th game be added in and the stats updated to match?

deep_friar

Post by deep_friar »

socalcaptain wrote:Will the scores from the 11th game be added in and the stats updated to match?
Soon.