Looking for study material?
Prepare for next season with thousands of packets FREE for study and practice use from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
Need a new buzzer system? Apply for a $250 Matt's Buzzers grant!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Missouri Open - July 6th, 2013 

Post Re: Missouri Open - July 6th, 2013
I would like to congratulate Itamar on a well-run tournament! I had a lot of fun playing despite being rather rusty. I should have pulled so many more of those answers!

Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:39 pm

Full stats have been released.

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... ull_stats/

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:20 pm

I received generally positive feedback about the tournament, so I'm glad that most people had a good time! As the stats that Alex posted show, Shady South Side snatched first place, Remembrance of Things past placed second, and Charles Hang tied for third with Asian Invasion.

Thank you everyone for not being too irked by the snafu with the locked rooms in the morning. The tournament didn't run too late - the first games started at 9:35, and everyone was out of Round 12 by 5:45, which I'd largely like to attribute to the excellent moderating of Sean Brennan, Avery Wagner, Jason Loy, Charlie Dees, and Jacob Billingsley. In addition, I'd like to thank David Dennis, Nate Kinast, Jeffrey Hill, Jason Loy, and Charles Hang for bringing more than enough buzzers.

If you'd like to discuss the questions, please either email me at itamar_naveh_benjamin@yahoo.com, or head on over to http://www.hsquizbowl.org and request access to the "Missouri Open 2013" discussion forum.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:26 pm

I had a lot of fun despite being on a major neg train the entire day. Thank you, Itamar, for arranging this and to everyone who staffed!

Stats: I did notice that our final game is not in. It's the only game when I didn't neg at all is the only reason I even noticed it missing :-P

Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:57 pm
Profile WWW

Also, disregard the stat comment. I just saw Sean's post on hsqb.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:11 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair
Excellent tournament; well-written and well-run. I do need to point out that I only played eight games, owing to my work schedule. (Eight more than I planned to play, I should add.) However, I'm listed as having played all 12. Is that standard procedure or a clerical error?

Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:58 pm

L-Town Expatriate wrote:
Excellent tournament; well-written and well-run. I do need to point out that I only played eight games, owing to my work schedule. (Eight more than I planned to play, I should add.) However, I'm listed as having played all 12. Is that standard procedure or a clerical error?

That's an error.

Jared, Michael, and I managed to wrangle some book prizes (Cliffnotes of works of literature) after we won. I unfortunately forgot to have Jeff pick one out for you, but then again he had already left (I think) - I'll see if I can get you one at the next Missouri tournament.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:07 pm