Missouri Quizbowl Message Board
http://moquizbowl.com/

DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013
http://moquizbowl.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2735
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bluesdjben [ Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

We are pleased to announce that Kansas State will be hosting a mirror of UIUC’s DRAGOON tournament on Saturday, November 9, 2013.

Question Set:
This tournament is written by Illinois and will be a regular difficulty tournament (like ACF Regionals). The tossups will include powers. See this post for more information on the question set: http://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14436&p=266841&hilit=dragoon+illinois#p26684.

Location & Time:
The tournament will be held on the second floor of the K-State Student Union. We plan to meet for registration in room 227 at 8:15 a.m. and begin play by 9:00 a.m. Parking is available in the parking garage directly south of the Union or in the large lot between Denison Ave. and 17th St. to the northwest of the Union. See the Union floor plan here: http://union.k-state.edu/maps/; and the campus map here: http://www.k-state.edu/maps/.

Fees & Discounts:
Base fee: $120 per team
Buzzers: -$10 per working set
Staffers: -$10 per staffer
Laptops: -$5 per laptop, limit one discount per team
Travel: -$10 per 200 miles traveled one way, as calculated by Google Maps

Registration & Contacts:
To register for this tournament please email one of the following contacts with information on the number of teams, buzzers, and staffers you plan to bring:
Mike Uphoff, tournament director: heart_break_kid19862004@yahoo.com
Ben Detrixhe, myself: bendtree@ksu.edu
Trevor Steiner, club president: capuche5@ksu.edu

We look forward to seeing you at K-State on November 9!

Author:  bluesdjben [ Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

Field so far:

Johnson County CC 2
Missouri Valley 1
Oklahoma State 1
Truman State 1
House 1

Author:  bluesdjben [ Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:15 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

Tournament director Mike Uphoff has prepared a helpful document providing locations and prices for some of the main hotels in Manhattan as well as the locations of the major fast food restaurants: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GzJ ... sp=sharing.

Author:  Mickey0R0urke [ Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

Has anyone else registered?

Author:  bluesdjben [ Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

Mickey0R0urke wrote:
Has anyone else registered?


John at MO Valley said they intend to come, but we have not heard from anyone else.

Edit: Tulsa just registered one team (10/3), and so has Oklahoma State (10/6).

Author:  bluesdjben [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

Thanks everyone for coming to the tournament and making K-State's first tournament in five and a half years a success! We had a great time today, and we hope you all will consider coming the next time we host a tournament at K-State.

Below is the link to the stats for the tournament. If you notice any incongruities between the stats we have and what you remember, let me know and I'll get it updated as soon as possible. Since Johnson County decided to leave early, there are of course only five rounds of stats in the stats report, but we counted the afternoon rounds as forfeits for the purposes of determining which teams were awarded trophies.

http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... standings/

Author:  scphilli [ Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

1) What was Johnson County's problem? And 2) Did their check clear?

Author:  bluesdjben [ Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

scphilli wrote:
1) What was Johnson County's problem? And 2) Did their check clear?


1. I don't know, probably just lack of motivation to continue playing.
2. It's an official check from the college itself, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Yeah, it was too bad that they went home early, but we were able to adapt and make it work. I was kind of surprised because they had a good chance of getting the second place trophy and a couple of book prizes, but I can understand why they may not have been having as much fun playing questions that were significantly harder than the questions they usually play on.

Author:  scphilli [ Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

bluesdjben wrote:
scphilli wrote:
1) What was Johnson County's problem? And 2) Did their check clear?


1. I don't know, probably just lack of motivation to continue playing.
2. It's an official check from the college itself, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Yeah, it was too bad that they went home early, but we were able to adapt and make it work. I was kind of surprised because they had a good chance of getting the second place trophy and a couple of book prizes, but I can understand why they may not have been having as much fun playing questions that were significantly harder than the questions they usually play on.


So in other words

http://youtu.be/Ou9HV5j8eho

Author:  bluesdjben [ Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DRAGOON mirror at Kansas State - Nov. 9, 2013

scphilli wrote:
bluesdjben wrote:
scphilli wrote:
1) What was Johnson County's problem? And 2) Did their check clear?


1. I don't know, probably just lack of motivation to continue playing.
2. It's an official check from the college itself, so there's no reason to worry about it.

Yeah, it was too bad that they went home early, but we were able to adapt and make it work. I was kind of surprised because they had a good chance of getting the second place trophy and a couple of book prizes, but I can understand why they may not have been having as much fun playing questions that were significantly harder than the questions they usually play on.


So in other words

http://youtu.be/Ou9HV5j8eho


Perhaps in a less vocal manner.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/