Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

SUBMIT Mirror

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
bmdaake

SUBMIT Mirror

Post by bmdaake »

On February 1, 2014 Southeast Missouri State University will be hosting a mirror of the Submission Using Berkeley/Maryland Invitational Tournament. It will be held in Carnahan Hall, furthr insturctions and times TBA closer to the day. Base fee will be $100 for the first team a school sends with each subsiquent team's base fee at $90. There will be a $10 discount for bringing a buzzer, $15 discount for each staffer brought and a $10 discount for each 150 miles traveled, as determined by Google Maps. To register, email me, Brandon Daake at bmdaake@gmail.com or bmdaake1s@semo.edu and tell me how many teams, buzzers and staffers you will be bringing.

This tournament does have a packet submission requirement, please follow the included link to see the requirements for submission, it will follow standard ACF guidelines. http://hsquizbowl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14996.

Hope to see you all on February 1.
Last edited by bmdaake on Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Re: SUBMIT Mirror

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

I thought this tournament requires packet submission based on the same criteria as ACF. I would also think the pricing would be the same as the other mirrors.

richardyu

Post by richardyu »

Yeah, you can't just raise the base fee at your discretion (but you can lower it if other teams are strapped for funds). What size of field are you planning/hoping to have? Will anyone involved with this mirror have prior experience running a tournament?

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

richardyu wrote:Yeah, you can't just raise the base fee at your discretion (but you can lower it if other teams are strapped for funds). What size of field are you planning/hoping to have? Will anyone involved with this mirror have prior experience running a tournament?
Hey Brandon, email Tanay and ask about the base fee. I think Richard and Jeff are right in inferring that it's supposed to be $100. (Also, all you really need to do is link to the original announcement and say "look at the packet-writing requirements and submit a packet if you need to write one to play.")

Also, I've heard that Louisville, WKU and Alabama may be coming (and possibly Vanderbilt as well, although who knows with them). Between the rumored field, we'll have anywhere from 2-4 experienced TDs playing this tournament, and I certainly think we can all give Brandon a hand with any questions he may have about the process before and during the tournament itself.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Hey Brandon, would you mind posting a field update when you get the chance?

bmdaake

Post by bmdaake »

At the moment the field is just Truman and Mizzou.

bmdaake

Post by bmdaake »

The field has grown substantially recently, it now stands at 5 confirmed teams (Truman, WashU, Louisville, Mizzou and one from Alabama) with a possible second team from Alabama.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

For any curious parties: Louisville cleared the field with a 10-0 record. Truman and Mizzou tied for second with 6-4 records.

bmdaake

Post by bmdaake »

Statistics have been posted to hsquizbowl.org for all interested parties. I would like to congratulate Louisville for sweeping the field with a 10-0 record. I would also like to congratulate Truman and Mizzou for coming in second with records of 6-4. I would like to thank everyone for coming, especially thorough some bad weather. I hope to see you all at future tournaments.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

bmdaake wrote:Statistics have been posted to hsquizbowl.org for all interested parties.

Statistics are here for anyone interested.