Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

NAQT to host a middle school national championship in 2011

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.

dividebyzero

Re: NAQT to host a middle school national championship in 2011

Post by dividebyzero »

That would be something to see. Unfortunately, I think it's on the weekend before finals for me.

Just out of curiosity: anybody know if their old middle school has a formal team that competes at tournaments? (personally, in 8th grade we went to one high school freshman tournament at Westminster back when Cerutti was teaching, but that's about it. Other than that, Cerutti hosted [and I believe he still does] a tournament for local middle school teams. Not saying any of them are or aren't nationals material, but at least they exist.)

ZhangC1459

Post by ZhangC1459 »

We didn't do too badly at that Westminster tourney either.

dividebyzero

Post by dividebyzero »

ZhangC1459 wrote:We didn't do too badly at that Westminster tourney either.

But seriously, that was the only tournament we went to outside of our school (same for any more recent PCMS teams, to the best of my knowledge)
Perhaps we should mention this (i.e. - MSNCT) to whoever's in charge down there, just in case they're interested?

octo

Post by octo »

I think the gifted teacher at the JC middle schools did some quiz bowl-style stuff with buzzers occasionally (always while I was gone, of course), but there was never any real team.

ZhangC1459

Post by ZhangC1459 »

Back when Cerutti was gifted teacher, we'd have an entire day each... Year? or was it each trimester? where we'd just take the day off and play quizbowl with teams formed from the gifted classes... I still have the bracket from the time the team i was on won. It's in my basement, lol

ChippytheSavage

Post by ChippytheSavage »

We have 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teams. Only the 7th and 8th grade teams go to tournaments though.

PenforPrez

Post by PenforPrez »

ChippytheSavage wrote:We have 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade teams. Only the 7th and 8th grade teams go to tournaments though.
You should see if they want to go to Chicago. :) I'm excited about this tournament; I'd love to see Missouri teams go. :D