Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Two Saints?

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
logic2718

Two Saints?

Post by logic2718 »

I was wondering if the Two Saint League was happening this year. With Mr. Gibbs having stepped down as coach, there does not seem to be anyone managing this tournament. I just wanted to know if there was still interest in Two Saint. I really like the idea of having a couple games during the evening early in the year. It was a great opportunity for JV players to get practice and for prospective players to see if they liked Quiz Bowl. I would have preferred if the questions were of a higher quality, but that is something that can be rectified in a new incarnation of the league, if it develops. Anyway, I just wanted to gauge interest/glean information.

WilliamofOrange

Re: Two Saints?

Post by WilliamofOrange »

If it makes a difference, Eureka's still fully on board for another year of Two Saints. Certainly if one of the area coaches is willing to make the commitment, there'd be plenty of interest to hold at least a decently-sized conference.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

What coaches in the Two Saints conference are especially involved in organizing things? I would tend to agree that this tournament, if done right, could be a beneficial thing, although I think it would probably work better if it were run over the course of 3 weeks, with 3 games a night, on an NAQT A-set, with a fourth night for the top 4 teams to play another round robin, basically identical to what the suburban conference quads did in 2009. I would like to bring up this proposal with any coach who might be willing to do the organizational work to make it happen.

WilliamofOrange

Post by WilliamofOrange »

I am wondering though; if we were to get Two Saints rolling again, would it be possible to have two teams from Eureka play on the varsity level? We're all juniors and seniors now (well, I'm a senior at least.)

dividebyzero

Post by dividebyzero »

Assuming your precondition isn't an issue, yeah that would probably be fine. We almost always had at least two varsity teams there.

ZhangC1459

Post by ZhangC1459 »

We had three once; our varsity C was actually our best team (it was like, Jason, Will, and those people), B was us, and A was a couple more of us.

Machina

Post by Machina »

I know that Private Schools League is happening, so I guess Two Saints might be happening...? Possibly?

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

The private school league was independently organized (by the De Smet coach, I believe), so I could very much see it continuing unaffected if Two Saints collapses.

Machina

Post by Machina »

True, but I do know that we used the same set last year (probably not by the collaboration of the two leagues), so I guessed that there was some tie between the two, however tenuous.

ZhangC1459

Post by ZhangC1459 »

I'd personally like to see an incarnation of Two Saints that didn't suck.