Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Postponements

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Postponements

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

Owing to SNOWtorious BIG/SnoMo/Snolumbia/Snowpocalypse/Snowmageddon, some tournaments scheduled tomorrow might wind up postponed. If you know of any postponements (or schools closed Friday that could result in their teams not playing in a tournament this weekend), please post here.

PenforPrez

Re: Postponements

Post by PenforPrez »

We got a little bit of ice here in Ohio, but SCT at Ohio State and the high school tournament at Olmsted Falls near Cleveland are both running as scheduled tomorrow. :)

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

Coach Ross and I exchanged e-mails today. With Savannah back in school, it's safe to say their tournament will be on tomorrow. However, several schools I saw on their list (Cameron, Lexington, Chillicothe) were closed today.

ChippytheSavage

Post by ChippytheSavage »

L-Town Expatriate wrote:Coach Ross and I exchanged e-mails today. With Savannah back in school, it's safe to say their tournament will be on tomorrow. However, several schools I saw on their list (Cameron, Lexington, Chillicothe) were closed today.
The tournament is definately on for tomorrow. Chillicothe, Marshall, Boonville, Pilot Grove, and others cancelled. We lost 10 teams, leaving us at 54 teams. This will be the first Savannah tournament I have been at that Paul isn't going to be at. Unless he is coming, but I doubt it. :cry:

PenforPrez

Post by PenforPrez »

ChippytheSavage wrote:
L-Town Expatriate wrote:Coach Ross and I exchanged e-mails today. With Savannah back in school, it's safe to say their tournament will be on tomorrow. However, several schools I saw on their list (Cameron, Lexington, Chillicothe) were closed today.
The tournament is definately on for tomorrow. Chillicothe, Marshall, Boonville, Pilot Grove, and others cancelled. We lost 10 teams, leaving us at 54 teams. This will be the first Savannah tournament I have been at that Paul isn't going to be at. Unless he is coming, but I doubt it. :cry:
I've been tempted to make the drive directly from Kent to Savannah at some point, but it wasn't in the cards for today. We had enough trouble getting out of Cleveland this evening. It started snowing pretty strongly this afternoon, and the Interstate 480 belt in Cleveland was a mess the whole evening. :(