Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

2011 NASAT

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jason Loy

2011 NASAT

Post by Jason Loy »

On behalf of MOQBA, I am pleased to announce Missouri's team for the 2011 HSAPQ NASAT (National All-Star Academic Tournament):

Craig Chval - Rock Bridge
Sabrina Fritz - Villa Duchesne
Ikshu Neithalath - Clayton
Ben Zhang - Ladue

The tournament will take place on June 11 and 12 on the campus of the University of Maryland in College Park. Congratulations to those selected for the team!

Charlie Dees

Re: 2011 NASAT

Post by Charlie Dees »

We are in Maryland. The teams we play tomorrow are California, District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, New Jersey, Ohio, and Texas.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Missouri is currently 0-5. Here is the coveritlive blog, which I think has streaming audio. Here are the SQBS statistics. Here is a quick results pdf file - http://www.hsapq.com/nasat11/NASAT.pdf

octo

Post by octo »

Wow, beat California (pending protest?). Awesome job.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

The protest was most frivolous.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

We ended up 9th, but we did beat 2 teams that placed ahead of us, 4th place California and Kentucky, and we played a incredibly close matches with a lot of other teams. I was really impressed with how well we played, we put up much better numbers than last year, and the field this time was much more competitive. I was even getting a lot of comments from staff who remembered just how terrible Missouri quizbowl was in the very recent past who were talking about how amazing it was our state had suddenly improved enough to produce a team this good, so all in all a good trip. Especially, I want to congratulate Ikshu Neithalath for getting a prize for being the 2nd highest scorer in this field, which is really cool. Now let's win the whole thing next year, guys!