Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

2015 PACE NSC - June 6-7 in Reston, VA (DC area)

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

2015 PACE NSC - June 6-7 in Reston, VA (DC area)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

The 2015 PACE NSC will be June 6-7, once again at the Hyatt Regency Reston in the Washington DC area. The field is here.

Missouri teams confirmed
Hannibal
North Kansas City
Washington A
Washington B

Missouri teams that have completed the registration form
Ladue
Last edited by Jeffrey Hill on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: updated

Mickey0R0urke

2015 PACE NSC-June 6-7 in Washington, D.C.

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

PACE's National Scholastics Championship will be at the Hyatt Regency in Reston, VA (which is part of the D.C. area).

The Missouri schools attending are:
Washington A
Washington B
Hannibal
North Kansas City

For predictions:
-Hannibal finishes the highest of the Missouri schools (I'd say in the top 40, but I wouldn't be surprised for them to make a run into the top 30)
-I haven't seen NKC play a lot this year, but they've put up some good results at the tournaments they've gone to. I'd say somewhere in the 51-60 range (with the caveat that I'm likely wrong).
-Washington A should challenge for top 3 in the JV division.

Also, there's a Coaches' Forum going on the Friday night of PACE, along with a science side event written by Will Overman of Maggie Walker going on on Saturday night.

Hope everyone enjoys the tournament! I know I'm looking forward to going to PACE for the first time since 2012.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Re: 2015 PACE NSC - June 6-7 in Reston, VA (DC area)

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

If there's a way to follow along online, let us know.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

There isn't a liveblog, but stuff should go up on twitter with the hashtag #pacensc throughout the weekend.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Hannibal went 3-4 - wins over Providence (Charlotte, NC), Simon Kenton (Independence, KY), and Washington B; losses to Detroit Catholic Central C (Novi, MI), Western Albemarle (Crozet, VA), Wilmington Charter (DE), Rancho Bernardo (San Diego, CA). This puts them in Tier III, playing for 49th-72nd of 96 teams.

Washington A, Washington B, and North Kansas City all went 0-7, and will be playing in Tier IV, playing for 73rd-96th.

Parth was tied for 23rd of 417 individuals at 77.14 PPG.

This will be the first national tournament since 2011 (NSC and NASAT) in which a Missouri team will not finish in the top half of the field.

Stats: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/3080/

Jeffrey Hill

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Hannibal 1-4 in consolation, finishing 5th in bracket. Will play Christiansburg (VA), Waterloo (ON), and Manheim Township B (PA) tomorrow for 65th-68th.

Washington A 3-2 in consolation, finishing 3rd in bracket. Will play Shanghai B, State College B, TJ (NC) for 81st-84th.

Washington B 2-3 in consolation, finishing 4th in bracket. (Exact record/PPB tie was broken by head-to-head) Will play Hunter B, Dorman B, Providence for 85th-89th.

NKC 0-5 in consolation and winless on the day. Scheduled to play Centennial B, Centennial D, and Souderton for 93rd-96th.

Jeffrey Hill

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Hannibal finishes tied for 66th with a 1-2 record on Sunday. Overall record 5-10.

Washington A finishes 84th, going 0-3 on Sunday. Overall record 3-12.

Washington B finishes 87th, going 1-2 on Sunday. Overall record 3-12.

NKC did not return on Sunday and finishes in 96th. Overall record 0-15.

ilikebooks

Post by ilikebooks »

Despite placing pretty low (and being unhappy with my own performance) I felt this national was a very positive experience, and overall it was executed great. I think it would be cool to see more Missouri teams attend in the future.

yankees12071222

Post by yankees12071222 »

I know they haven't posted complete stats yet but I was curious as to what the individual rankings were.

Jeffrey Hill

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

yankees12071222 wrote:I know they haven't posted complete stats yet but I was curious as to what the individual rankings were.
They are based on the preliminary rounds. There will definitely be a combined file for everything coming soon, but I hope Jon is also planning to merge the four stat files from each stage into one report per stage. (I suppose I could always do that if he doesn't)