Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

RESCHEDULED Tuscumbia Winter JV/MS Tournament - March 9, 2019

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
tstockwell

RESCHEDULED Tuscumbia Winter JV/MS Tournament - March 9, 2019

Post by tstockwell »

I am pleased to announce that Tuscumbia High School has RESCHEDULED our JV/MS Tournament that was originally scheduled for January 19, to Saturday, March 9, 2019. (For high school students, this is the same day as JV State, but those teams that are less experienced might want to join us instead!) JV includes 9th and 10th grade students. MS includes 7th & 8th grade students. The hard cap on team size is eight players; we request that you limit teams to six players so as to maximize playing time for all students. No more than six players may play in any one match. The field cap will be set at 12 teams per division.

This tournament will use SCOP #9 question set. PLEASE be sure your students have NOT heard questions from this set. Matches will consist of twenty ten-point tossups (with the possibility of fifteen for an early correct answer) and up to twenty three-part, thirty point rebounding bonuses. All teams will be guaranteed at least 8 or 9 matches regardless of performance.

We will not be able to offer lunch, as there is another event in the cafeteria that day. Please have your students pack a sack lunch. There will be chips, drinks, and candy available for $1.

Entry fees are as follows:

base fee (first team from each school): $70
second or subsequent teams: $65
travel discount (100 miles or more one way): -$10 per school
buzzer discount (as needed, and must work for eight players; limit two discounts per school): -$5
scorekeeper discount (as needed, must be trained; first come, first serve): -$5
moderator discount (as needed, must be experienced; first come, first serve): -$10

Payment or a PO is required the day of the tournament.

To register, or if you have any questions whatsoever, please email me at tstockwell@tuscumbialions.k12.mo.us. I hope to see you on March 9!