Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Hallsville Middle School Academic Tournament II (3/14/2020)

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Hallsville Coach

Hallsville Middle School Academic Tournament II (3/14/2020)

Post by Hallsville Coach »

We are pleased to announce that Hallsville will be hosting the second annual Hallsville Middle School Academic Tournament on March 14th at Hallsville High School. This tournament is open to teams of 7th and 8th grade students.
Games will consist of 20 tossups worth ten points each, followed by three-part bonuses worth up to thirty points. Tossups will include powers (extra points for answering a tossup early). The question set for the tournament will be NAQT MS-#34.
We anticipate using two full round robins in the morning and afternoon with an advantaged final to decide the champion. We will be limiting teams to a maximum of 6 players per team, but feel free to sign up as many teams as you wish. We are currently setting the field cap at 24 but will try to increase that if we have enough teams interested and can acquire enough staff to support a larger tournament.

Fees:
Base fee (first team from each school): $70
Second or subsequent teams: $65
Travel discount (100 miles or more one way): -$5 (per school)
Buzzer discount (must work for eight players; limit two per school): -$5

To register, please e-mail me at sallen@hallsville.org to reserve your spot. We look forward to seeing you in March.

srawh

Re: Hallsville Middle School Academic Tournament II (3/14/2020)

Post by srawh »

Is participation limited to MSHSAA affiliated schools?

Hallsville Coach

Re: Hallsville Middle School Academic Tournament II (3/14/2020)

Post by Hallsville Coach »

I'd like to thank all of the teams and coaches for attending our tournament last Saturday. This was our fifth year of hosting a Middle School event and our players were very appreciative of all the help they received from players and coaches to help make this a successful event. I'd also like to thank all of the fantastic moderators and scorekeepers that we had that volunteered: Logan Durk, Audrey Brandon, Joel Adams, Colton Hough, Lisa McClary, Janda, Lauren Blakemore, David Dennis, Ralph Waltz, Stevie McClary, Mason Herbold, Lydia Stephens, Asher (CIS), Catherine (CIS), Teague (CIS), Molly-Paige, Braelynn, Kylie, Grace, Colin, Isabelle, Ethan, Gracie and Jamie. You guys were amazing and made my job very easy on Saturday.

CIS A defeated Washington A 340-210 in the championship game to claim the tournament championship. West finished in third place with Hallsville taking fourth.

We look forward to seeing everyone again next year (March 13, 2021). Once again, thank you for attending!

The stats for the tournament are listed below:

Stats:
Prelims
Combined