Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of packets FREE for practice/study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
• Each game shall consist of two halves of ten tossups each, with each correct tossup followed by a three-part bonus.
• Correct tossup answers are ten points each, with an additional five-point “power” awarded for providing a correct answer before a predetermined point. Tossups are five seconds each. There will be "negs" for incorrect answers.
• There will be no math computation at this tournament
• The team that receives the bonus will have five seconds to answer each part. The moderator will prompt after four seconds. Unless otherwise specified in a bonus set, each bonus part shall be ten points each. Bonuses will be non-rebounding.
• In the event a game is tied after regulation, additional tossups shall be read until the next change in score in a sudden death format.
• Each team shall have one 30 second timeout per game. Substitutions, score checks, and team conferences may occur at the half, prior to overtime, or during any timeout called by either team.
• Teams rosters shall be limited to six players; schools are encouraged to bring junior varsity and “B” teams to compete. Teams may play with fewer than four players. Rosters shall be submitted in advance and finalized at registration the morning of the tournament. Players may not change teams during the tournament.
Initially we are capping the field at 24 teams but if demand and staffing allows, we will raise that cap. All registrations will be on a first come first serve basis and additional teams will be waitlisted and contacted should an opening occur.
The top 20% of teams will be qualified to attend the PACE NSC in June of 2021 (virtual).
Teams will play five morning rounds, break for lunch, and then return for at least three afternoon games. Teams will need to plan on logging in between 8:00-8:25 with the first rounds slated to begin at 8:30. Afternoon rounds will be slated to begin at 1:30 PM. It is the expectation that all teams play their full morning and afternoon schedule including consolation rounds. We anticipate the last round ending around 5:00 PM with the exception being any championship playoff games for top 3.
Cost per team is as follows:
• Each team: $70 Cost per team is as follows
• Discount for providing a competent scorekeeper: $10
• Discount for providing a competent moderator: $20
(Minimum cost per team is $30)
Our tournament will be virtual this year, we are planning on hosting through Google Meets and using Buzzin.live for the buzzer system. When gathering rosters at a later date we will inquire if you will need one login for a team gathered at school or separate for individuals at home both are totally welcomed!
Participants will be expected to abide by the Honor Pledge and Section I (Ethics and Conduct) promulgated by the Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence (PACE)
To register for this tournament, please visit https://forms.gle/qgmytEsT7Jndqjv98
Questions concerning the tournament may be directed to either Pat O’Keefe email@example.com or Branden Stilwell firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you again and we look forward to hosting your teams on Feb. 6th!
Ft. Osage A
Ft. Osage B
Orchard Farm A
Orchard Farm B
Springfield Kickapoo A
Springfield Kickapoo B
Georgetown Day (DC)
Parkway West A
Parkway West B
Lee's Summit North
Congrats to the following Teams/Players!
Final Team Standings earning an invite to the PACE NSC
1. Ladue A
2. Georgetown Day
4. Parkway West A
5. Kickapoo A
6. NKC A
All-Tournament Team (top 8 prelim scorers):
1. Joel Miles: Ray Pec 153.00 PPG
2. Arthur Delot-Vilain: Georgetown Day: 123.00 PPG
3. Louis Li: Ladue A: 85.00 PPG
4. Reilly Nash: NKC A: 77.00 PPG
5. Roman Taylor: Kickapoo A: 75.00 PPG
6. Serena Liu: Parkway West B: 68.57 PPG
7. Braden Booth: Fair Grove: 63.00 PPG
8. Ryan Happel: Sullivan: 62.00 PPG
All tournament statistics will be updated on the link below later this week: