Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Sullivan Winter Academic Tournament - 2/20/21

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jason Loy

Sullivan Winter Academic Tournament - 2/20/21

Post by Jason Loy »

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that Sullivan High School will be hosting a virtual scholar bowl tournament on Saturday, February 20, beginning at 8 am.

We will be using the NAQT question set IS-199. Please do not register for this tournament if your team has already played this set or is registered for another tournament using it. This set was used at Kickapoo on December 5 and will be used at North Kansas City on April 10.

We are planning on using Google Meet to conduct this tournament. Sullivan C-2 School District is a Google district, so we will be setting up all the meetings; you may still participate using your district accounts even if your district uses a provider other than Google. (I'm happy to discuss any technological/setup questions you may have if you're interested.) Students will be required to use a webcam to minimize the opportunity for dishonesty; if this will be a problem for your district or any of your students, please let me know as soon as possible if you're interested in this tournament so we can work together to iron out any details necessary.

I will initially limit the field to eighteen entries. If we have enough staff, we may decide to expand the field in multiples of six. If you wish to register, please email me with the number of teams you wish to enter and whether you'd be able to supply any moderators or scorekeepers. The entry fee schedule is as follows:

First team from a school: $60
Each subsequent team: $55
Scorekeeper discount: $5 per scorekeeper as needed
Moderator discount: $15 per moderator as needed (moderators must be approved by the tournament director)

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

We hope to see you (virtually) in February!

Jason Loy

Re: Sullivan Winter Academic Tournament - 2/20/21

Post by Jason Loy »

Field (48):

Confirmed in bold

Northwest
Warrenton
Houston A
Houston B

School of the Osage
New Haven A
New Haven B