Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Sullivan Academic Tournament - 11/13/21

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jason Loy

Sullivan Academic Tournament - 11/13/21

Post by Jason Loy »

Hello all,

I am pleased to announce that Sullivan High School will be hosting a scholar bowl tournament on Saturday, November 13, 2021.

We will be using the IS-204 question set from NAQT. Clever is also using this tournament set; your team may not attend both tournaments.

For the time being, we plan on hosting this tournament in-person. If conditions dictate, we will host the tournament virtually using Google Meet.

Each game will consist of twenty tossups and up to twenty bonuses. We will use fifteen point powers, no penalties for incorrect tossup answers, and bonuses will rebound. (If we end up hosting the tournament virtually, we will not use rebounding bonuses.) Each team will be guaranteed at least eight games.

I will initially limit the field to eighteen entries. If we have enough staff, we may decide to expand the field in multiples of six. If you wish to register, please email me with the number of teams you wish to enter and whether you'd be able to supply any moderators or scorekeepers. The entry fee schedule is as follows:

First team from a school: $60
Each subsequent team: $55
Scorekeeper discount: $10 per scorekeeper as needed
Moderator discount: $20 per moderator as needed (moderators must be approved by the tournament director)
Buzzer system discount: -$5 per system

To register, please email me at loyj@sullivaneagles.org with the number of teams, buzzer systems, and staff that you plan on bringing.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

We hope to see you on 11/13!

Jason Loy
Sullivan High School

Jason Loy

Re: Sullivan Academic Tournament - 11/13/21

Post by Jason Loy »

Field:

Sullivan
Washington (3)
Tuscumbia (1)
Fulton (1)
St. Clair (1)
Jefferson City (2)
Orchard Farm (1)
New Haven (1)
Fatima (2)
Helias (2)
Cuba (1)
CIS (2)
Owensville (2)
Oakville (1)
Hermann (1)
Parkway South (2)
Lutheran St. Charles (1)
Palmyra (1)
Calvary Lutheran (2)
Moberly (2)
Russellville (1)
SLUH (1)
Hickman (1)
Mexico (1)
Rolla (2)

Waitlist:

Hermann B
SLUH B

Jason Loy

Re: Sullivan Academic Tournament - 11/13/21

Post by Jason Loy »

Palmyra won this tournament in a very close final over Washington A. Sullivan took 3rd, and Oakville took 4th to round out the top bracket.

Thanks to all who attended and staffed this tournament! Full stats to come shortly.