Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of packets FREE for practice/study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

CIS Big Cat IV Middle School and Elementary Tournament October 29, 2022

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Lisa McClary

CIS Big Cat IV Middle School and Elementary Tournament October 29, 2022

Post by Lisa McClary »

Save the Date! I'd like to hold Big Cat IV on Saturday, October 29. I plan on using an NAQT Middle School set, and I'd like to have a division for 7-8 grade and a division for elementary (6th grade and under). I'll probably have to cap at 24 total teams. More info to come!

UPDATE! I forgot about the switch that allows 6th graders to play with 7-8 grade. So the MS Division is for 6-8, and I'll probably just drop the idea of having 5th graders and under. If that's an issue for you, let me know.
Last edited by Lisa McClary on Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J0317Kincaid

Re: CIS Big Cat IV Middle School and Elementary Tournament October 29, 2022

Post by J0317Kincaid »

Hi! I am interested in having my JH team compete but it is composed of 6th/7th graders since the MSHAA change this year. Would they be allowed to compete in the MS division? Also, where exactly is CIS Big Cat IV MS?

Lisa McClary

Post by Lisa McClary »

Hi! Yes, a 6-7th grade team can compete in the MS division. CIS is Columbia Independent School in Columbia. 1801 N Stadium Blvd.

Lisa McClary

Post by Lisa McClary »

Greetings! This tournament is in the process of being sanctioned by MSHSAA so that an out-of-state school can compete. This tournament is for 6-8 grade, and everyone will play in the same division. Please let me know if you'd like to bring your teams!