Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Northeast Missouri Date Claims For The 2022-23 Season

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Northeast Missouri Date Claims For The 2022-23 Season

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

On behalf of the below-mentioned schools, I am pleased to announce that these tournaments will be taking place during the forthcoming 2022-23 season:

Bulldog Fall Fiesta (BFF) - October 22nd, 2022, Mexico HS (varsity & novice divisions)
South Shelby Winter Invitational (SS WIN) - January 7th, 2023, at South Shelby High School (high school)
Palmyra Academic Winter Showdown (PAWS) - February 4th, 2023 (high school)
Moberly Young Scholars Tournament (MYST) - February 11th, 2023 (middle school)
Bulldog Regional Interscholastic Challenge (BRIC) - March 18th, 2023 (high school)
Outstate Missouri Academic Rendezvous (OMAR) - April 1st, 2023 (high school)

I am working to confirm dates for additional tournaments this season. I will update this thread when those dates are confirmed. Individual threads will announce each tournament, including registration details, and will also be linked from this thread. I encourage all teams in the region to make a note of these dates on your calendars. Again, all dates may be subject to change.
Last edited by L-Town Expatriate on Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

L-Town Expatriate

Re: Northeast Missouri Date Claims For The 2022-23 Season

I can confirm the following set assignments for tournaments listed in the original post:

PAWS will mirror the SHOW-ME set. As of the date of this edit, this set will also be used at Sullivan on the same date, and at Greenwood Lab on Jan. 28th.
MYST will mirror the SANDS set. As of the date of this edit, high school novice mirrors are scheduled at Lakeland and Lindbergh.
OMAR will use NAQT's IS-217 set. As of the date of this edit, the Kickapoo Classic and WHIT, both on December 3rd, along with Portageville's Bootheel Tournament on February 4th are using this set.
Last edited by L-Town Expatriate on Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

L-Town Expatriate

I can now confirm two additional dates and set assignments:
  • SS WIN will run on NAQT's IS-216A. At the time of this post, Lee's Summit North and Mountain Grove are also using this set at their events.
    Also, Coach Wilcox has selected January 14th as a make-up date in the event inclement weather prevents the tournament from taking place as initially scheduled.
  • BRIC will use IQBT Set #2. At the time of this post, no other mirrors in Missouri are scheduled.

bichselh15

Post by bichselh15 »

North Shelby will sponsor a Junior High Tournament on February 11, 2023. Mark your calendars!