Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Fair Grove Nov. 19 Fall Frenzy Varsity Tournament announcement

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
mwahlquist

Fair Grove Nov. 19 Fall Frenzy Varsity Tournament announcement

Post by mwahlquist »

Coaches,

Fair Grove HS will be hosting its annual Fair Grove High School Fall Frenzy tournament on November 19, 2022. The tournament will be in the 20 Tossup/20 Bonus format and will be utilizing Powers for early buzzing. We will NOT be using bouncebacks on bonus questions or negative points for wrong answers (negs).

We will use question set IQBT-1 and this will be a Reg HS set. This set is (at the time of posting) being used by WUFAT in St. Louis and at Grain Valley. Please double check no other tournament you attend is using this set before entering.

Prices are:
- $70 for the first team from a school, $65 for each additional team.
- Fully functional buzzer systems are a $5 discount (must work for 8 players, limit 2 discounts per team). Preference
given to those whose systems require the moderator to reset buzzers.
- Providing an experienced moderator (reader) is a $15 discount. Please let us know about these well in advance.
We reserve the right to refuse moderators .
- Teams traveling over 100 miles (one way per Google Maps) will receive a $5 discount.
- $50 minimum per team.

Matches will begin at 9a.m. and there will be a lunch break around 12-12:30 p.m. We hope to be done no later than 5pm. You must have at least two players per team to compete.

We don’t have enough restaurants in the area to handle our numbers, so we will once again have a concession stand. Lunches will be available for purchase. Cash only. I will send a roster request and food pre-order form after registration.

Spots will be filled on a first come/first served basis. Rather than emailing me, please use:

https://forms.gle/vU9qF9BttudiR3Dc9

to register. In an effort to get as many schools involved as we can, teams will be allowed 2 entries with all additional teams being put on the waiting list. “C” teams (and other letters) will be added to the lineup 1 1/2-2 weeks before the event.

Please understand that, until I confirm with you via email, your team(s) are not registered. I will create a waiting list if this tournament fills up. Those who can provide experienced staffers are likely to gain priority over those just bringing teams on the waiting list.

Trophies to the top two teams, and individual medals for the top 10 scorers of the morning sessions. We will use HILLsheets and scorekeepers are asked to bring their chromebooks if at all possible. My varsity will be assisting in the operation of the tournament and will not be playing in it.

Michelle Wahlquist
wahlquistm@fgsmail.org
Fair Grove High School, 132 N. Main,
Fair Grove MO 65648
417-759-2555, ext. 31