Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Lafayette Tournament 2/28

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
derekfrieling

Lafayette Tournament 2/28

Post by derekfrieling »

Lafayette High Schools of St. Joseph, MO, will host a pub style trivia contest on February 28, starting at 4:00 p.m. This year, we are moving away from virtual and will hosting the tournament live at LHS.

This tournament is not a national qualifier, no NAQT questions, nothing official, just an opportunity for our kids to compete and have fun. Instead of traditional questions, we have written some pub style questions – 10 questions on the same topic, with 10 topics. Please note: I am writing these questions myself. I am a social studies teacher, so the questions may be geared more in that direction, but I will try to have a variety of subjects. Please email derekfrieling@sjsd.k12.mo.us for rules and registration.

We are accepting one varsity team and one JV team at this point. If you would like additional teams, please indicate that on your reservation. In past years, we have had plenty of room for additional teams. Cost is $40 per team.

At this point, I plan on awarding 1st place trophies to four teams. We will divide between varsity/JV and between big schools/small schools.
Please pass this message along to any other schools you know that may be interested.

Thanks,
Derek Frieling