Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Battle of the Eagles -- May 2023

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
socalcaptain

Battle of the Eagles -- May 2023

Post by socalcaptain »

I figured it was worth a post to say that over the last week, a 3 game online mini-series was held between the Eagles of Southern Boone Middle School and the Eagles of Rohan Woods School. Coach Rogers' fifth and sixth grade gifted classes competed against my fifth and sixth grade students. For many students on both sides, this was their first taste of the game! We used the first three packets of PACE's Middle School Introductory Quiz Bowl Set to play our 15/15 matches.

Round 1, a fifth grade matchup, saw the Southern Boone Eagles take the win 320-210.

The sixth graders faced off in Round 2, and Rohan Woods tied the series with a 340-190 victory.

With the wins even going into Round 3's fifth-grade game this morning, the stakes were high. Southern Boone ended up victorious by the slimmest of margins -- 240 to our 230.

Congrats to SBC for their 2 wins and the series title.

socalcaptain

Re: Battle of the Eagles -- May 2023

Post by socalcaptain »

If you know of any other elementary schools who would be interested in playing virtual matches, please contact me. I'd love to get more people introduced to the game in whatever small ways are doable with the resources we have.