Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

National History Bowl

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
Charbroil

National History Bowl

Post by Charbroil »

http://www.historybowl.com/

This should be interesting--apparently, it's being sponsored by a former Quiz Bowl person, and there's actually going to be a focus on pyramidality in the tossups.

Charlie Dees

Re: National History Bowl

Post by Charlie Dees »

Apparently one good quizbowl company is negotiating the contract with them right now, in which case I would wholeheartedly recommend anyone interested in going. If the questions are like what they have on their samples though, then that's bad news.

Charbroil

Post by Charbroil »

Hmm, I didn't actually look at the questions--you're right, they are pretty terrible.

PenforPrez

Post by PenforPrez »

Greg Bossick is involved with this somehow. I forget what it was, but he told me.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

This is being held @ Rock Bridge on March 12. Does anyone know if they need any assistance? I'm free that day, as of now, and if I can be of help, I'm willing to hop over and do something.

Do I contact Greg Irwin? Or is someone else in charge of this event?

PenforPrez

Post by PenforPrez »

socalcaptain wrote:This is being held @ Rock Bridge on March 12. Does anyone know if they need any assistance? I'm free that day, as of now, and if I can be of help, I'm willing to hop over and do something.

Do I contact Greg Irwin? Or is someone else in charge of this event?
I texted Greg Bossick to see if he can find out from Dave Madden (the guy who runs History Bowl). I'll let you know.

For what it's worth, I worked Greg's History Bowl in Columbus last week, and I really liked the concept. It needs improvement, but they know that, and they're committed to making it better. It's not my ideal, but the basic premise has a lot of potential. I met Dave Madden at a tournament in Indiana a few weeks ago, and I liked what he had to say about that. I was also proud when he told me how he noticed we were debating good quizbowl here. ;)

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Ever hear back? I'm still potentially interested in this.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Just email coach Irwin.

DylanRandolph

Post by DylanRandolph »

Hey! I won this last year. I don't think so this year because more people probably know about it, and I won't be competing against 80% Rock Bridge kids, but I'll still give it a try. West Junior High in mid-February sometime right? Right. This is stupid, why do I keep typing. Ok, first comment down.