Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Interest Check: St. Charles Open 2011?

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
Charbroil

Interest Check: St. Charles Open 2011?

Post by Charbroil »

So, I'm thinking of hosting SCC Open again this year, and I wanted to see how much interest there might be. Thus, if you think you might attend, please email me at charleshang228@yahoo.com or post here.

Also, we might have a couple of options in terms of question sets, so please indicate which of the following you'd prefer:

1/ A regular to above average difficulty high school set (my hope is BHSAT, Yale's housewrite)

Note: I'm considering a high school set for an event which will probably have college players mostly because of a relative lack of easy college sets for summer use and also because much of our field will be made up of high school students.

2/ A novice to regular difficulty college set (at the moment, however, no such set seems to exist, except for Moon Pie and VCU Open Sunday if VCU lets us mirror their set and we're willing to put the tournament in August)

3/ A third alternative?

Anyway, let me know which of the three options you'd like to play, as well as what date(s) this summer would be best for you; my standing plan is to just host it in early-mid July again like last year.

Charbroil

Re: Interest Check: St. Charles Open 2011?

Post by Charbroil »

Also, please let me know if you'd be interested in staffing.

Mickey0R0urke

Re: Interest Check: St. Charles Open 2011?

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

When is the St Charles Open? Depending on if I could get off, I could come staff.