Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Missouri Open - July 6th, 2013

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
socalcaptain

Re: Missouri Open - July 6th, 2013

Post by socalcaptain »

I would like to congratulate Itamar on a well-run tournament! I had a lot of fun playing despite being rather rusty. I should have pulled so many more of those answers!

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

khrum

Post by khrum »

I received generally positive feedback about the tournament, so I'm glad that most people had a good time! As the stats that Alex posted show, Shady South Side snatched first place, Remembrance of Things past placed second, and Charles Hang tied for third with Asian Invasion.

Thank you everyone for not being too irked by the snafu with the locked rooms in the morning. The tournament didn't run too late - the first games started at 9:35, and everyone was out of Round 12 by 5:45, which I'd largely like to attribute to the excellent moderating of Sean Brennan, Avery Wagner, Jason Loy, Charlie Dees, and Jacob Billingsley. In addition, I'd like to thank David Dennis, Nate Kinast, Jeffrey Hill, Jason Loy, and Charles Hang for bringing more than enough buzzers.

If you'd like to discuss the questions, please either email me at itamar_naveh_benjamin@yahoo.com, or head on over to http://www.hsquizbowl.org and request access to the "Missouri Open 2013" discussion forum.

KentB

Post by KentB »

I had a lot of fun despite being on a major neg train the entire day. Thank you, Itamar, for arranging this and to everyone who staffed!

Stats: I did notice that our final game is not in. It's the only game when I didn't neg at all is the only reason I even noticed it missing :-P

KentB

Post by KentB »

Also, disregard the stat comment. I just saw Sean's post on hsqb.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

Excellent tournament; well-written and well-run. I do need to point out that I only played eight games, owing to my work schedule. (Eight more than I planned to play, I should add.) However, I'm listed as having played all 12. Is that standard procedure or a clerical error?

christino

Post by christino »

L-Town Expatriate wrote:Excellent tournament; well-written and well-run. I do need to point out that I only played eight games, owing to my work schedule. (Eight more than I planned to play, I should add.) However, I'm listed as having played all 12. Is that standard procedure or a clerical error?
That's an error.

Jared, Michael, and I managed to wrangle some book prizes (Cliffnotes of works of literature) after we won. I unfortunately forgot to have Jeff pick one out for you, but then again he had already left (I think) - I'll see if I can get you one at the next Missouri tournament.