Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

TrashMasters Mirror at WUSTL (7/11/15, after NASAT)

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
Mickey0R0urke

TrashMasters Mirror at WUSTL (7/11/15, after NASAT)

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Hello everyone!

I'm pleased to announce that we will be hosting a trash tournament after WUSTL's NASAT mirror. This will be happening a short while after the NASAT mirror ends, and it will be using the TrashMasters set.

This set may have as few as five and as many as 8 packets available, so expect the number of rounds to be somewhere around there. We'll be staying in Siegle and playing until we run out of time (close to 9 PM) or we run out of packets.

To register, please email me at jacob.orourke.7@gmail.com with your team name, players, and any buzzers or staffers you will be bringing along.

A team formation spreadsheet can be found here. Just go below the NASAT teams and you'll find the information there.

Hope to see everyone there!
Jacob

Mickey0R0urke

Re: TrashMasters Mirror at WUSTL (7/11/15, after NASAT)

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Field:

QFF (Sean Phillips, Sabrina Fritz, Alex Dzurick, Peter Khan)
Tracey Hickman's team
Andy Walz
Alec Krueger/Elissa Pape/Tyler Vaughan
David Dennis
Dylan Minarik/Adam Sperber

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

We just ended up doing a shootout on this after a couple of teams withdrew in the past 24 hours. I believe Sean Phillips and Mike Sorice were first and second in the shootout.

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

Oh that is SO not the reason it ended up being a shootout!

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

scphilli wrote:Oh that is SO not the reason it ended up being a shootout!
Well, yeah. That was one (really small) ripple that helped to lead to us doing a shootout. I was really tired when I made that post, and I don't like throwing people under the bus. But this was inexcusable. The fact that only 3 of the 5 packets had the proper amount of questions (and none of them were randomized!) basically meant we couldn't run a proper trash tournament. I'm still going to honor the agreement I made with Mr. Rollins, but I'm likely never mirroring this set (if it ever gets made) again.