Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Middle School Tournaments around St. Louis?

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
befken

Middle School Tournaments around St. Louis?

Post by befken »

Hello everyone,

I have a group of 8th graders who are looking to create a middle school team, which got me wondering if there are any middle school tournaments held around the St. Louis area throughout the year. If anyone has any information in this regard I would be most appreciative.

Take care and thank you in advance,
Bob Efken, Bayless HS Coach

dwd50

Re: Middle School Tournaments around St. Louis?

Post by dwd50 »

Washington Middle School hosts on an NAQT MS set the first weekend in April.

befken

Post by befken »

Thank you for the information!

The issue I am noticing is that most of the schools outside St. Louis have middle and high school MSHSAA status, whereas most of the St. Louis schools only have high school MSHSAA status. I would assume that would limit our ability to participate in middle school competitions without having middle school MSHSAA status, correct?

Bob Efken, Bayless

dwd50

Post by dwd50 »

We have entertained having a non-MSHSAA division in the past, but not much has come out of previous attempts to get it going. There's a contact I can reach out to from those attempts and see if there's still an interest from them.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

After a conversation with several coaches at the Lindbergh JV event on Saturday, I've been pondering what we can do to get this going. One dominating thread of our talk was that it's hard to recruit a MS teacher to do coaching for a "full season" of events. So... what if instead, we tried to start just one or two events over the course of a year? It might be easier to get a teacher who would bring kids to one thing rather than immediately commit to a season of activities.

befken

Post by befken »

Bayless would be on board for that, for sure!